Wireless Networks tab missing

I disabled wireless zero configuration service in Windows XP last year. I
now have XP(SP2) and want to re-enable it because I have a new WiFi card
which is supported by (SP2). I tried to re-enable it, but Device Manager
looks different this time and does not have an option to click Enable /
Disable. Please can someone help me re-enable XP (SP2) wireless
configuration service?

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Right click on your connection and then select Enable. If that doesn't
restore the Wireless tab, try the below.

If you right click "My Computer" and go to manage, then Services and
Applications, then Services, do you show an entry for the "Windows Zero
Configuration"? If so, right click for properties and then set it to
Automatic and Start.

If you don't show that, there was a thread earlier where someone explained
how to modify the registry to get it back.

Clark

"Geoff NZ" <Geoff NZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I disabled wireless zero configuration service in Windows XP last year. I
> now have XP(SP2) and want to re-enable it because I have a new WiFi card
> which is supported by (SP2). I tried to re-enable it, but Device Manager
> looks different this time and does not have an option to click Enable /
> Disable. Please can someone help me re-enable XP (SP2) wireless
> configuration service?

TRENDING THREADS