User Account log on time

August 4, 2004 9:37:01 PM

My PC is onyl about 6 months old, my wife and I are set up each with are own user account. At this point when either one of us click on our name to "log in" it can take up to 5 minutes for our desktop to appear. I have not installed any new software/hardware. I have cleared all files I know of i.e cookies, temp int files, etc. Once logged in the PC runs fine, waitintg 5 minutes to got on when ituse to take seconds if becoming more frustrtion, ANY help would be much appreciated!

More about : user account log time

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:01:17 PM

Greetings,

Try checking if you got spyware installed on your system:
Here's a guide on how to remove spyware or
adware:
http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/xpez/articles/remove_sp...

Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

Thanks and best of luck!

--
Jose Francisco
http://www.xpez.tk

"Hrspwr350" <Hrspwr350@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D DF12329-1B20-485B-A85A-B1CFA20A2C8D@microsoft.com...
> My PC is onyl about 6 months old, my wife and I are set up each with are
own user account. At this point when either one of us click on our name to
"log in" it can take up to 5 minutes for our desktop to appear. I have not
installed any new software/hardware. I have cleared all files I know of i.e
cookies, temp int files, etc. Once logged in the PC runs fine, waitintg 5
minutes to got on when ituse to take seconds if becoming more frustrtion,
ANY help would be much appreciated!
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:29:02 PM

Jose Francisco wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Try checking if you got spyware installed on your system:
> Here's a guide on how to remove spyware or
> adware:
> http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/xpez/articles/remove_sp...
>
> Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
> system:
>
> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
> Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
> CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>
> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

> Also see the following links:
>
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp
>

> Thanks and best of luck!

Why do you automatically assume every odd problem has something to do with
spyware?! I've never seen you answer a question except with this
boiler-plate. According to you everything is caused by spyware. Computer
failing to boot? Must be spyware. BSODs? Must be spyware. Computer playing
the theme from /Star Wars/? Must be spyware.

In this case, it almost certainly isn't. If th OP does the following: -

Start > Run > types msconfig > Services tab > unchecks WIA (Windows Image
Acquisition) the problem should vanish.

lose his marbles?
!