RE security update KB891711

bill

No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.

Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.

Bill.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
wrote:

>No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
>deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
>
>Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
>
>Bill.

It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?

In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea says...

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
> wrote:

> >No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
> >deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.

> >Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.

> It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
> after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
> called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
> after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
> removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
> will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
> but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?

Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others, the
issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
after removal of the update.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:22:30 -0800, N. Miller

>In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea says...
>
>> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
>> wrote:
>
>> >No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
>> >deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
>
>> >Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
>
>> It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
>> after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
>> called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
>> after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
>> removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
>> will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
>> but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?
>
>Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others, the
>issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
>after removal of the update.

>Norman

"Eudora" froze up when opened; "Roxio" wouldn't go past the first
screen and yesterday I had to reinstall and old program I've used for
years to view jpg's, "LView Pro" because it wouldn't open. My computer
is still taking over long to boot even after I've cleaned the registry
with JV16. I'm not sure who to thank for this fiasco.

Obtain this program to analyze your bootlog.txt file
for loading speed, and problems:

BLA Boot Log Analyzer http://www.vision4.dial.pipex.com/files/bla.zip
http://www.aumha.org/a/bootlog.htm
http://www.aumha.org/freeware.htm

The DL'd file will include instructions for use.
--
Jack E Martinelli
Boston MA USA

You need to create a new Bootlog.txt after installing BLA.
To create a new Bootlog.txt:
Reboot, hold down the Ctrl key right after the Post message
Select: "Logged \bootlog.txt" from the menu and continue.

On the BLA Toolbar, click the options: "Show Delays\Show Failures".
Next, click File - Save As (example - slowboot.txt)
You can then open slowboot.txt in Notepad and paste
the info from slowboot.txt into your next post.
From there someone can better advise on any problems.
-- -- -- -- -- --
Mike Burgess Microsoft MVP DTS
------------

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"E. Barry Bruyea" <coldin@winter.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:22:30 -0800, N. Miller
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea
says...

> >> It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
> >> after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
> >> called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
> >> after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
> >> removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
> >> will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
> >> but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?
> >
> >Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others,
the
> >issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
> >after removal of the update.
>
> >Norman
>
> "Eudora" froze up when opened; "Roxio" wouldn't go past the first
> screen and yesterday I had to reinstall and old program I've used for
> years to view jpg's, "LView Pro" because it wouldn't open. My computer
> is still taking over long to boot even after I've cleaned the registry
> with JV16. I'm not sure who to thank for this fiasco.

Ii
"Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com> wrote in message
> No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
> deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
>
> Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
>
> Bill.

Did as search for kb891711 in the registry and deleted all references there
too.
MLD