RE security update KB891711

No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.

Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.

Bill.
5 answers Last reply
More about security update kb891711

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
    wrote:

    >No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
    >deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
    >
    >Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
    >
    >Bill.

    It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
    after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
    called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
    after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
    removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
    will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
    but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?

    In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea says...

    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
    > wrote:

    > >No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
    > >deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.

    > >Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.

    > It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
    > after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
    > called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
    > after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
    > removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
    > will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
    > but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?

    Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others, the
    issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
    after removal of the update.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:22:30 -0800, N. Miller

    >In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea says...
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0500, "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com>
    >> wrote:
    >
    >> >No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
    >> >deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
    >
    >> >Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
    >
    >> It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
    >> after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
    >> called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
    >> after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
    >> removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
    >> will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
    >> but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?
    >
    >Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others, the
    >issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
    >after removal of the update.

    >Norman

    "Eudora" froze up when opened; "Roxio" wouldn't go past the first
    screen and yesterday I had to reinstall and old program I've used for
    years to view jpg's, "LView Pro" because it wouldn't open. My computer
    is still taking over long to boot even after I've cleaned the registry
    with JV16. I'm not sure who to thank for this fiasco.

    Obtain this program to analyze your bootlog.txt file
    for loading speed, and problems:

    BLA Boot Log Analyzer http://www.vision4.dial.pipex.com/files/bla.zip
    http://www.aumha.org/a/bootlog.htm
    http://www.aumha.org/freeware.htm

    The DL'd file will include instructions for use.
    --
    Jack E Martinelli
    Boston MA USA

    You need to create a new Bootlog.txt after installing BLA.
    To create a new Bootlog.txt:
    Reboot, hold down the Ctrl key right after the Post message
    Select: "Logged \bootlog.txt" from the menu and continue.

    On the BLA Toolbar, click the options: "Show Delays\Show Failures".
    Next, click File - Save As (example - slowboot.txt)
    You can then open slowboot.txt in Notepad and paste
    the info from slowboot.txt into your next post.
    From there someone can better advise on any problems.
    -- -- -- -- -- --
    Mike Burgess Microsoft MVP DTS
    ------------

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "E. Barry Bruyea" <coldin@winter.org> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:22:30 -0800, N. Miller
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <423d56ee.712820@msnews.microsoft.com>, E. Barry Bruyea
    says...

    > >> It really screwed up my machine and I'm still trying to clean it up
    > >> after completely uninstalling and deleting all references to the so
    > >> called security update. I had three programs that stopped working
    > >> after it installed from the update site and wouldn't work after
    > >> removing it. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled two of them and
    > >> will do the third today. My computer is now taking forever to boot,
    > >> but I have hopes I can clear that up today. A WMD?
    > >
    > >Which programs? Which versions? In my case, and apparently most others,
    the
    > >issue is a blue screen on program launch, or boot, but the errors cease
    > >after removal of the update.
    >
    > >Norman
    >
    > "Eudora" froze up when opened; "Roxio" wouldn't go past the first
    > screen and yesterday I had to reinstall and old program I've used for
    > years to view jpg's, "LView Pro" because it wouldn't open. My computer
    > is still taking over long to boot even after I've cleaned the registry
    > with JV16. I'm not sure who to thank for this fiasco.

    Ii
    "Bill" <**bill@rollingstones.com> wrote in message
    > No more blue screen of death after uninstalling the security update and
    > deleting the files KB891711.EXE and Q891711.DLL in windows system folder.
    >
    > Thanks for all the posts and the solution to the problem.
    >
    > Bill.

    Did as search for kb891711 in the registry and deleted all references there
    too.
    MLD

Security Blue Screen Microsoft Windows