Micro-ATX tower case?

CJM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

Hello all and Merry Christmas!

I was wondering if anyone has come across the item that I am currently
looking for:

I am trying to find a very small tower case, suitable for a micro-atx or
mini-itx motherboard, standard atx power supply, and 4 5.25" bays on the
front. Although this seems (to me) like a pretty reasonable thing to ask
for, I am having absolutely NO luck in finding one!!

Ideally, I would like something that was about 15" deep, about 5.5" wide,
and as small in height as possible. I have so far found one or two cases but
they seem to have maximum 2x3.5" bays, 2x5.25" bays and a big waste of space
beneath them!

If anyone has ever came across anything like this then a point in the right
direction would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

>Hello all and Merry Christmas!
>
>I was wondering if anyone has come across the item that I am currently
>looking for:
>
>I am trying to find a very small tower case, suitable for a micro-atx or
>mini-itx motherboard, standard atx power supply, and 4 5.25" bays on the
>front. Although this seems (to me) like a pretty reasonable thing to ask
>for, I am having absolutely NO luck in finding one!!
>
>Ideally, I would like something that was about 15" deep, about 5.5" wide,
>and as small in height as possible. I have so far found one or two cases but
>they seem to have maximum 2x3.5" bays, 2x5.25" bays and a big waste of space
>beneath them!
>
>If anyone has ever came across anything like this then a point in the right
>direction would be most appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

I got 3 of these. If you want more bays add a couple USB 2.0
enclosures. They're as low as $23 at newegg.
http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/a106/index.php

In article cjm says...
> Hello all and Merry Christmas!
>
> I was wondering if anyone has come across the item that I am currently
> looking for:
>
> I am trying to find a very small tower case, suitable for a micro-atx or
> mini-itx motherboard, standard atx power supply, and 4 5.25" bays on the
> front. Although this seems (to me) like a pretty reasonable thing to ask
> for, I am having absolutely NO luck in finding one!!
>
> Ideally, I would like something that was about 15" deep, about 5.5" wide,
> and as small in height as possible. I have so far found one or two cases but
> they seem to have maximum 2x3.5" bays, 2x5.25" bays and a big waste of space
> beneath them!

You've got no chance. The whole idea of microATX is that it is a small
form factor.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

CJM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

"AndrewJ" <andrewjbbrREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>Hello all and Merry Christmas!
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone has come across the item that I am currently
>>looking for:
>>
>>I am trying to find a very small tower case, suitable for a micro-atx or
>>mini-itx motherboard, standard atx power supply, and 4 5.25" bays on the
>>front. Although this seems (to me) like a pretty reasonable thing to ask
>>for, I am having absolutely NO luck in finding one!!
>>
>>Ideally, I would like something that was about 15" deep, about 5.5" wide,
>>and as small in height as possible. I have so far found one or two cases
>>but
>>they seem to have maximum 2x3.5" bays, 2x5.25" bays and a big waste of
>>space
>>beneath them!
>>
>>If anyone has ever came across anything like this then a point in the
>>right
>>direction would be most appreciated!
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Chris
>>

> I got 3 of these. If you want more bays add a couple USB 2.0
> enclosures. They're as low as $23 at newegg.
> http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/a106/index.php

Thanks for the help, but having four 5.25" bays is priority #1 for me! I
dont need any 3.5" bays at all so having 5.25" bays instead would be the
most useful.

Im thinking more along the lines of something like this:

http://www.computer-garage.co.uk/44/5669.html

....although with a number of 5.25" bays running down the front instead of a
waste of space.

Cheers again,
Chris