Re-installing windows

I have recieved an" error with explorer.exe - must re-instal windows. I have
tried to reinstall w/ boot disk, start-up dick, and the windows me disk.
Please tell me what to do, I have to go on w/my life and it's making me CRAZY!

Before you go to all that trouble, have you tried a System Restore to a
point before the trouble started? Keep in mind, if you are using Norton AV
and perform a System Restore, you will probably need to uninstall and
reinstall Norton.
Heirloom, old and SR is a good thing