desktop..icons

yesterday i decided to not use my password in Enter Network Password.
instead i clicked Cancel. I was surprise to see Icons that were not my sign
in desktop.
example recent downloaded:
EZFirewall, Spybotsd13, Setup, NoNav, Firefox Setup1.0, DSO Stop2, advisor
Belarc, symchetadefsi32,

then totally unrelated to above, when i clicked on IE , a sign in window
pop-up.
(eventually i will work on removing pw's) but for now i don't understand why
these icons did not appear on my sign in desktop.
any response will be appreciated. boni.
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons

    > i don't
    > understand why these icons did not appear on my sign in desktop.
    > any response will be appreciated.

    It's simple really. <g> You didn't log on as "you" but instead as an
    undefined default user and therefore won't have seen any local
    customisations such as desktop appearance and the like that you have
    associated with your profile.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    bonifacia <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > yesterday i decided to not use my password in Enter Network Password.
    > instead i clicked Cancel. I was surprise to see Icons that were not
    > my sign in desktop.
    > example recent downloaded:
    > EZFirewall, Spybotsd13, Setup, NoNav, Firefox Setup1.0, DSO Stop2,
    > advisor Belarc, symchetadefsi32,
    >
    > then totally unrelated to above, when i clicked on IE , a sign in
    > window pop-up.
    > (eventually i will work on removing pw's) but for now i don't
    > understand why these icons did not appear on my sign in desktop.
    > any response will be appreciated. boni.

    your answered the obvious and simple to you and i appreciate you
    responding, but if i am the one who downloaded the above , as oppose to the
    undefined default user , then shouldn't the icons be on the person who
    downloaded me on the desktop used.
    unless i am finding difficultly in your answer, obviously.
    and should i not "sign in" with a pw so that i am able to view them on my
    desktop.
    and out of curiosity what does <g> mean? i saw once before in a response by
    webster72.

    > > i don't
    > > understand why these icons did not appear on my sign in desktop.
    > > any response will be appreciated.
    >
    > It's simple really. <g> You didn't log on as "you" but instead as an
    > undefined default user and therefore won't have seen any local
    > customisations such as desktop appearance and the like that you have
    > associated with your profile.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > bonifacia <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > yesterday i decided to not use my password in Enter Network Password.
    > > instead i clicked Cancel. I was surprise to see Icons that were not
    > > my sign in desktop.
    > > example recent downloaded:
    > > EZFirewall, Spybotsd13, Setup, NoNav, Firefox Setup1.0, DSO Stop2,
    > > advisor Belarc, symchetadefsi32,
    > >
    > > then totally unrelated to above, when i clicked on IE , a sign in
    > > window pop-up.
    > > (eventually i will work on removing pw's) but for now i don't
    > > understand why these icons did not appear on my sign in desktop.
    > > any response will be appreciated. boni.

    More info:

    Mandatory User Profiles Do Not Work on Local Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250323

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------