full screen

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This is just a quick question please.

Not sure what happens or why this occurs.

But when I open a new window it doesnt automatically maximaize or is not
full screen, anyone?

Thanks.

Right-click its shortcut and select Properties.
In the Run box, scroll to 'Maximised'

Mart

"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is just a quick question please.
>
> Not sure what happens or why this occurs.
>
> But when I open a new window it doesnt automatically maximaize or is not
> full screen, anyone?
>
> Thanks.

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well it still remains the same.

When a new window opens the top right middle box looks as though it is
maximized, however, when I click on it to maximize I get the second small box
in there.

> Well it still remains the same.

Odd! - It should open maximised.

> When a new window opens the top right middle box
> looks as though it is maximized

If it is a single rectangle, then the window is "Middlemised" - Hover the
mouse over the box and it *should* say 'Maximise'

If it is a double rectangle, then the window is "Maximised" - Hover the
mouse over the box and it *should* say 'Restore Down'

In the 'Restore Down' state, you can resize the window (grab the corner) and
make the window whatever size you want. Close the window, then re-open it
and it should remain the same size - BUT you must be sure that in the Tools
Menu, Folder Options, View, that the "Remember each folder's view settings"
box is checked.

> Well it still remains the same.
>
> When a new window opens the top right middle box looks as though it is
> maximized, however, when I click on it to maximize I get the second small
> box
> in there.

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What I meant was the issue remained the same.

BUT you must be sure that in the Tools Menu, Folder Options, View, that the
"Remember each folder's view settings" box is checked.

I can grab the corners and move. When Im looking at the screen as maximised,
thats what I want the folders to remember.

But Im looking under the tools on the toolbar and do not see a view option
for folders.

> But Im looking under the tools on the toolbar and do not see a view option
> for folders.

Windows Explorer \ Tools \ Folder Options \ View tab.