Default explorer window size

August 5, 2004 12:21:02 AM

Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 12:53:49 AM

Windows Explorer, where your folders are stored? Or Internet
Explorer? Either way, after you open it, *close all other windows*.
Now, grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size.
Close the window using File>Close, or File>Exit depending what
program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen size used
the next time you open the program.
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"gbolio" <gbolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent
default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 7:59:40 AM

XP usually remembers the size and position of a window when it was last
closed.

However..........

Open Windows Explorer | Use the cursor (not the
maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
Ctrl key.

This will last until the next time, when you have to do it again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:C9925D2C-870B-49A4-B01E-F21B3C3BCD4B@microsoft.com,
gbolio <gbolio@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent
> default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 6:12:39 PM

Remember
1. The saved size of the first folder opened is used
2. In XP both folder view and explorer view share size settings.
3. It is 800x600 if there is no saved size.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123...

!