Default explorer window size

Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially
3 answers Last reply
More about default explorer window size

    Windows Explorer, where your folders are stored? Or Internet
    Explorer? Either way, after you open it, *close all other windows*.
    Now, grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size.
    Close the window using File>Close, or File>Exit depending what
    program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen size used
    the next time you open the program.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "gbolio" <gbolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent
    default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially

    XP usually remembers the size and position of a window when it was last
    closed.

    However..........

    Open Windows Explorer | Use the cursor (not the
    maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
    size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
    Ctrl key.

    This will last until the next time, when you have to do it again.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:C9925D2C-870B-49A4-B01E-F21B3C3BCD4B@microsoft.com,
    gbolio <gbolio@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent
    > default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially

    Remember
    1. The saved size of the first folder opened is used
    2. In XP both folder view and explorer view share size settings.
    3. It is 800x600 if there is no saved size.

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MgiQc.228888$JR4.47430@attbi_s54...
    > XP usually remembers the size and position of a window when it was last
    > closed.
    >
    > However..........
    >
    > Open Windows Explorer | Use the cursor (not the
    > maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
    > size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
    > Ctrl key.
    >
    > This will last until the next time, when you have to do it again.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:C9925D2C-870B-49A4-B01E-F21B3C3BCD4B@microsoft.com,
    > gbolio <gbolio@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Please someone tell me how to set the size that will be permanent
    > > default for windows explorer when i open explorer initially

Default Windows Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows XP