iPhone 5 Screens Shipping Soon, Says Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Its closest competitor, the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S III"....
Closest competitor in terms of what? SGS3 is already old news in Android world, people are waiting for the next gen Nexus (or even Nexii) phones. OS? Android already has a lot of features that only recently have been copied by iOS, and likely next iOS will copy some more (widgets, maybe?). In terms of expandable memory and replaceable batteries, there isn't even a contest.
SGS3 may be one of the top notch phones right now, but so is HTC OneX and the latest LG model. Motorola has their Razr HD in the pipeline (not that you'll be getting this kind of news from Tom's, they're too focused on Apple rumors), and I am really interested to see which manufacturer(s) will jump on the next Nexus bandwagon.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I dropped the Iphone after the disappointing 4S came out expecting the 5 last year. Its too late for Apple to play catch up now. A 4inch screen and dual core with a gig or ram isnt going to cut it this time around. I realize they have a base that will buy anything they come out with. I loved my Iphone since they came out I had one. But when I started seeing teenagers run around with them last year it was time to move on. Got a Galaxy Note and a huge high res screen 1280 x 800 super amoled plus and a customized OS. Everyone comments on it wishes they had one. The Iphone now is a dime a dozen nothing special or innovative any longer. People are making the switch and waking up to Android.[/citation]

I thought it was common knowledge that people don't buy Apple to be on the cutting end of technology.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I dropped the Iphone after the disappointing 4S came out expecting the 5 last year. Its too late for Apple to play catch up now. A 4inch screen and dual core with a gig or ram isnt going to cut it this time around. I realize they have a base that will buy anything they come out with. I loved my Iphone since they came out I had one. But when I started seeing teenagers run around with them last year it was time to move on. Got a Galaxy Note and a huge high res screen 1280 x 800 super amoled plus and a customized OS. Everyone comments on it wishes they had one. The Iphone now is a dime a dozen nothing special or innovative any longer. People are making the switch and waking up to Android.[/citation]

"But when I started seeing teenagers run around with them"

So basically, you don't want to own what people own. Alright, well news flash bud, teenagers use Galaxy as well.

You want to be unique, but you never will be. You always want to avoid being a "sheeple" and prevent yourself from acquiring products, those who acquire products simply because they're easy to use, clean, fun - are the smart ones.

I own an iPhone 4s myself, and it pisses me off a lot. I want more space, I want to customize, I want to easily transfer files but I can't. But am I about to piss on the brand and call the users sheeple and shit? No.

Some people grow up and realize people have different tastes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, meaning, what is beautiful to me may not be for you.

If you can't accept that people enjoy apple products, others enjoy Android based products, you're the only person here with a problem.

Grow up.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
"Closest competitor" seems to mean nothing more than the popular smartphone with the closest size screen to the new iPhone 5. Some of these people in the comments section are about as quick to jump on each others' cases as Apple and Samsung's lawyers!

G

Android really just can't compete anymore. Everyone I know that's tried Android has switched back to iPhone and hasn't looked back. They had a terrible time trying to sell their android phones - one guy traded his Galaxy Note on Craigslist for a 3GS and 25 bucks, and that was by far the best offer he could find after a week.

Hopefully this android fad will die soon and the illusion that people are actually paying money for these phones (when in reality, the carriers have to give them away lol) and people will move on to Windows Phone. I would say move on to iPhone, but most Android users are poor and are on value carriers that apple will never taint its image on, like boost mobile and cricket.

Trust!

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]Win_phone_eight[/nom]Android really just can't compete anymore. Everyone I know that's tried Android has switched back to iPhone and hasn't looked back. They had a terrible time trying to sell their android phones - one guy traded his Galaxy Note on Craigslist for a 3GS and 25 bucks, and that was by far the best offer he could find after a week.Hopefully this android fad will die soon and the illusion that people are actually paying money for these phones (when in reality, the carriers have to give them away lol) and people will move on to Windows Phone. I would say move on to iPhone, but most Android users are poor and are on value carriers that apple will never taint its image on, like boost mobile and cricket.Trust![/citation]
I don't like your attitude, but I kinda agree. Android is not for everyone. At the moment it is just the one most widely available (price points and locations).

[citation][nom]Win_phone_eight[/nom]Android really just can't compete anymore. Everyone I know that's tried Android has switched back to iPhone and hasn't looked back. They had a terrible time trying to sell their android phones - one guy traded his Galaxy Note on Craigslist for a 3GS and 25 bucks, and that was by far the best offer he could find after a week.Hopefully this android fad will die soon and the illusion that people are actually paying money for these phones (when in reality, the carriers have to give them away lol) and people will move on to Windows Phone. I would say move on to iPhone, but most Android users are poor and are on value carriers that apple will never taint its image on, like boost mobile and cricket.Trust![/citation]
I don't remember seeing you (or any other barista for that matter) looking into my wallet.
FYI (but something tells me you're not interested in information) all my well-doing friends have Android phones, and the one that had an iPad had to give it up because of WiFi connectivity issues. Yes, the latest and greatest ipad.
i like how this one-guy experience turned into the general rule; that speaks volumes of your "scientific method".
Carriers are giving away iphones, too, just look at the prices for a 3GS or even a 4 nowadays. As soon as a phone becomes bottom-of-the-barrel it hits the bargain bin, no exceptions.
OK, troll-feeding time is over.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
one of the people i work with is so excited abotu her soon to be iphone 5 ... she saaid she was going to have a 5g phoen beffore any of the dumb android users.... yea she said that... and she cannt be convinced in anyway that her iphone 4 is not a 4g phone because it is named hte iphone 4... i roll my eyes at her alot in case you were wondering

but yea so the screens are shipping and its news... ok

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008

I remember my first Android phone was the Motorola Droid. The thing was heavy as hell, and clunky and was slow as mollazes but i droped that thing so many times, but sooooo many times and was full of dent, but the screen was perfect not broken or scratches and i never had a cover or shock protector on it.

When verizon came out with the Iphone 4 I bought two, one for my wife, one for me. It had problem charging on the first day, so i took it back to verizon store for repair or replacement. The female tech that was doing the basic check agreed that it was a charger problem not the phone. But she mistakely dropped the phone from a less than one feet height altitude on the desk she was working and the front and back of the phone shattered like it was made of paper thing crystal. She was about to give another one when I asked her who should i see for a replacement!!. And switched to the Droid 3 Global.

I didn't choose the android device for monetary reason but for convenience, i could not have something that could shatter if you look bad at it.

And hell most android phone, at least the up to date ones, are way more expensive than iphone.
I really don't understand your reasoning but you clearly lack the capability to research or accept the true in front of your eyes.

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Why does anyone need quad core(or more) + 30 GB of RAM on a phone for? Do people do protein folding or something?
I AM A Galaxy SIII user and I don't see the need for that much power at all!!!! What program needs that much power? Is CFD coming out for smart phones? or AutoCAD for smart phones?

Be fair to apple, it has a market. Its extremely easy to use, and functional! Not everyone needs to customize, it can do 99% of things for most people.

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Why does anyone need quad core(or more) + 30 GB of RAM on a phone for? Do people do protein folding or something?
I AM A Galaxy SIII user and I don't see the need for that much power at all!!!! What program needs that much power? Is CFD coming out for smart phones? or AutoCAD for smart phones?

Be fair to apple, it has a market. Its extremely easy to use, and functional! Not everyone needs to customize, it can do 99% of things for most people.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
The only reason I am interested in the iPhone 5 jail is because I need a few laughs and iCrap never lets you down. I am sure Trashpple inmates will be wondering around in a moronic daze for weeks making good laughing material for the technocracia. Still have not gotten the SGS3, but thinking of donating my SGS2 so I can make room for it in my life--but I kind of love my SGS2. Should I wait for the SGS4? Big dilemmas here, cause my SGS2 does all I could want for now... Hell, maybe the release of the iTard 5 phone will trigger me to get the SGS3 (it would have to be an unlocked quad core version). LOL, If that were to happen I would have to credit Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.