Making One Partition?

Hi,
I am tring to make my hard drive one partition only.
In the XP Pro Setup I can delete it, but it only becomes free space, not
part of the drive again.
How do I get the Boot Drive(c), To merge with the Deleted partition(e) that
I deleted to make free space that I formatted.
Any Ideas other than Partition Magic?
Thanks,
Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about making partition
  1. Archived from groups: han.test,de.test,hun.test,mn.test,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Synthesized gibberish forgery redirected spammer troll.

    "Arthur Pratz" <APratz@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I am tring to make my hard drive one partition only.
    > In the XP Pro Setup I can delete it, but it only becomes free space, not
    > part of the drive again.
    > How do I get the Boot Drive(c), To merge with the Deleted partition(e) that
    > I deleted to make free space that I formatted.
    > Any Ideas other than Partition Magic?
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    Won't XP let you increase the size of the c: drive by adding the existing
    free space to the c: drive? Check in the disk management utility.

    Other ideas? Yes, BootItNG http://www.bootitng.com/
    XP doesn't have tools for what you want..

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Arthur Pratz" <APratz@worldnet.att.net> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hi,
    > I am tring to make my hard drive one partition only.
    > In the XP Pro Setup I can delete it, but it only becomes free space, not
    > part of the drive again.
    > How do I get the Boot Drive(c), To merge with the Deleted partition(e)
    that
    > I deleted to make free space that I formatted.
    > Any Ideas other than Partition Magic?
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

Homebuilt Partition Free Space Systems