Bootup, programs appear not registered

Last week I booted up my PC and found out that about 10 of my programs now
require me to reenter my serial number again. Programs like Popupstopper
pro, Clone CD, DVD Copy Plus, Replicant, Vegas Video, etc.

Does any one know which file or which registry entry got corrupted?

If so any way to fix it.

Thanks for all who responds

dbodz

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23OerewBMFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
dbodz <dbodz@zoominternet.net> had this to say:

> Last week I booted up my PC and found out that about 10 of my
> programs now require me to reenter my serial number again. Programs
> like Popupstopper pro, Clone CD, DVD Copy Plus, Replicant, Vegas
> Video, etc.
>
> Does any one know which file or which registry entry got corrupted?
>
> If so any way to fix it.
>
> Thanks for all who responds
>
> dbodz

Did you run a generic registry cleaner? Does it have an undo feature? That'd
be where I'd start this easter egg hunt.

Galen

Galen

Thanks for the response, but no dont have a generic Registry cleaner

I would of realized the problem after using it and probably would of kicked
myself for using it as well if I did.

Does any one know of the file that these registry entries are in or how to
repair such a problem if it happens again?

I have a copy of my Windows ME files on DVD and could replace the bad file
if I only knew which one it was.

dbodz

> In news:%23OerewBMFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> dbodz <dbodz@zoominternet.net> had this to say:

> > Last week I booted up my PC and found out that about 10 of my
> > programs now require me to reenter my serial number again. Programs
> > like Popupstopper pro, Clone CD, DVD Copy Plus, Replicant, Vegas
> > Video, etc.
> >
> > Does any one know which file or which registry entry got corrupted?
> >
> > If so any way to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks for all who responds
> >
> > dbodz
>
> Did you run a generic registry cleaner? Does it have an undo feature?
That'd
> be where I'd start this easter egg hunt.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:OofH08NMFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
dbodz <dbodz@zoominternet.net> had this to say:

> Galen
>
> Thanks for the response, but no dont have a generic Registry cleaner
>
> I would of realized the problem after using it and probably would of
> kicked myself for using it as well if I did.
>
> Does any one know of the file that these registry entries are in or
> how to repair such a problem if it happens again?
>
> I have a copy of my Windows ME files on DVD and could replace the bad
> file if I only knew which one it was.
>
> dbodz

You could try restoring the registry if you would like but that's likely to
be problematic. Have you tried a system restore to a point before this
happened? Each program will write entries into it's own section and there's
no common path that I can give you.

Galen

TRENDING THREADS