Problem Recording Streaming Audio on Asus P5GD2

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder (More info?)

I recently assembled a new PC that uses an Asus P5GD2 motherboard. This
board has built-in C-Media CMI9880 audio. I want to use Windows Media
Encoder to create *.wma files from Windows Media Player and Real Audio
Player streaming audio so I can listen to the broadcasts offline on a
WMP/MP3 player. The new system plays audio without problem but I can't
get Windows Media Encoder to record streaming audio.

I had no problems doing this on my previous system (Soyo SY-P4S Dragon
Ultra motherboard with built-in C-Media CMI8738 audio). To record
streaming audio using the Soyo system I had to enable the Wave audio
source in the C-Media mixer application. The P5GD2 mixer app shows only
Mic, CD, and Line In as recording sources. There is no source equivalent
to the Wave option on the Soyo PC.

I installed the latest C-Media driver and app from the Asus website
(version 5.12.01.0007.36 dated 2004-08-23) but the problem remains.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to enable encoding streaming audio?

Thanks.

No email replies.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem recording streaming audio asus p5gd2

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:54:25 GMT, XXrhovsquared-newsgroup@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I recently assembled a new PC that uses an Asus P5GD2 motherboard. This
    >board has built-in C-Media CMI9880 audio. I want to use Windows Media
    >Encoder to create *.wma files from Windows Media Player and Real Audio
    >Player streaming audio so I can listen to the broadcasts offline on a
    >WMP/MP3 player. The new system plays audio without problem but I can't
    >get Windows Media Encoder to record streaming audio.
    >
    >I had no problems doing this on my previous system (Soyo SY-P4S Dragon
    >Ultra motherboard with built-in C-Media CMI8738 audio). To record
    >streaming audio using the Soyo system I had to enable the Wave audio
    >source in the C-Media mixer application. The P5GD2 mixer app shows only
    >Mic, CD, and Line In as recording sources. There is no source equivalent
    >to the Wave option on the Soyo PC.
    >
    >I installed the latest C-Media driver and app from the Asus website
    >(version 5.12.01.0007.36 dated 2004-08-23) but the problem remains.
    >
    >Any suggestions on what I need to do to enable encoding streaming audio?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >No email replies.

    You might want to try an application such as Audiograbber,
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/, which has a line-in sampling
    feature to capture any audio from your mixer to a WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG file.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder (More info?)

    on my older 8738 I used a c-media driver instead of asus's. gave many
    more options, there may one for the new chip.

    <XXrhovsquared-newsgroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I recently assembled a new PC that uses an Asus P5GD2 motherboard.
    This
    > board has built-in C-Media CMI9880 audio. I want to use Windows
    Media
    > Encoder to create *.wma files from Windows Media Player and Real
    Audio
    > Player streaming audio so I can listen to the broadcasts offline on
    > WMP/MP3 player. The new system plays audio without problem but I
    can't
    > get Windows Media Encoder to record streaming audio.
    >
    > I had no problems doing this on my previous system (Soyo SY-P4S
    Dragon
    > Ultra motherboard with built-in C-Media CMI8738 audio). To record
    > streaming audio using the Soyo system I had to enable the Wave audio
    > source in the C-Media mixer application. The P5GD2 mixer app shows
    only
    > Mic, CD, and Line In as recording sources. There is no source
    equivalent
    > to the Wave option on the Soyo PC.
    >
    > I installed the latest C-Media driver and app from the Asus website
    > (version 5.12.01.0007.36 dated 2004-08-23) but the problem remains.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what I need to do to enable encoding streaming
    audio?

    > Thanks.
    >
    > No email replies.

Homebuilt Asus Streaming Audio Systems