MN-700 range

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 16, 2005 2:10:01 PM

I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?

More about : 700 range

July 16, 2005 5:00:05 PM

You can't buy another unless it's on Ebay. Microsoft has stopped making
wireless equipment. You'd be better off buying a newer G router with better
range since MS is no longer updating the MN700.

"Pearl" wrote:

> I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
> configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?
July 16, 2005 7:03:39 PM

Hi
May be this can Help.
Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
> configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 16, 2005 8:51:57 PM

the MN-700's will not function as wireless repeaters. They don't
support WDS or any technology that will let you repeat the signal
wirelessly.

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:10:01 -0700, "Pearl"

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP