MN-700 range

I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?
3 answers Last reply
More about range

    You can't buy another unless it's on Ebay. Microsoft has stopped making
    wireless equipment. You'd be better off buying a newer G router with better
    range since MS is no longer updating the MN700.

    "Pearl" wrote:

    > I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
    > configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a wireless MN-700 base station. Can I purchase another MN-700 and
    > configure it so that I can extend my wireless range? If so, how?

    the MN-700's will not function as wireless repeaters. They don't
    support WDS or any technology that will let you repeat the signal
    wirelessly.

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:10:01 -0700, "Pearl"

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

Wireless Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking