  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
March 24, 2005 10:21:03 PM

My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have to
correct it. I appreciate an input!

More about : system clock

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:02:26 AM

http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime.asp
---------

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:21:03 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
>causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have to
>correct it. I appreciate an input!
March 25, 2005 7:57:02 AM

XO, thanks for the reply. The utility you are suggesting is only for the
following systems only and not mine ME. At least so they say. Any idea?
# Windows NT 4
# Windows 2000
# Windows 2003
# Windows XP

"XO" wrote:

> http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime.asp
> ---------
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:21:03 -0800, "Chris"
> <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
> >causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have to
> >correct it. I appreciate an input!

March 25, 2005 10:34:01 AM

Works great on my WinMe OS.
-----

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:57:02 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>XO, thanks for the reply. The utility you are suggesting is only for the
>following systems only and not mine ME. At least so they say. Any idea?
># Windows NT 4
># Windows 2000
># Windows 2003
># Windows XP
>
>"XO" wrote:
>
>> http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime.asp
>> ---------
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:21:03 -0800, "Chris"
>> <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
>> >causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have to
>> >correct it. I appreciate an input!

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 10:36:46 AM

P.S.
The file name is "SymmTime2003.exe" - in case there is more than one
file to choose from.
------

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:57:02 -0800, "Chris"
<Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>XO, thanks for the reply. The utility you are suggesting is only for the
>following systems only and not mine ME. At least so they say. Any idea?
># Windows NT 4
># Windows 2000
># Windows 2003
># Windows XP
>
>"XO" wrote:
>
>> http://www.ntp-systems.com/symmtime.asp
>> ---------
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:21:03 -0800, "Chris"
>> <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
>> >causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have to
>> >correct it. I appreciate an input!

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 4:49:27 PM

I have been using Web Time 2000, Version 3.6 for about 3 years.

http://www.gregorybraun.com/WebTime.html

> My system clock, the one in the systray, is running fast. Any idea what
> causes this and what can be done to fix it? Every two or three days I have
> correct it. I appreciate an input!
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 6:13:01 PM

"Ogg" <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> I have been using Web Time 2000, Version 3.6 for about 3 years.
>
> http://www.gregorybraun.com/WebTime.html

I totally agree! Gregory Braun's website has a whole bunch of useful apps
that anyone can use, some free, some not. Try his Calendar 2000, V 4.3.
It'll show calendars forward and backward through the years and allow
printing of individual months.

Of course WebTime only sets the system clock to the accurate time when
invoked. If the trouble is within the computer itself (and it sounds as if
it might be) WebTime is only a temporary, intermittent corrective.

Ken Bland
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 9:16:54 PM

Look in the HELPs. Webtime can be launched from the command line.
Therefore, it's pretty easy to invoke it automatically at Startup.

"Justin Thyme" <krblmb@brainspring.com> wrote in message
news:o $HKCfYMFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> Of course WebTime only sets the system clock to the accurate time when
> invoked. If the trouble is within the computer itself (and it sounds as
if
> it might be) WebTime is only a temporary, intermittent corrective.
March 25, 2005 9:16:55 PM

Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time! XO that utility did not work for
me. Freez after freez. But thanks. Glad it is working for you though.
I am gonna give the webtime a shot. I wish I knew whatever happened to my
own PC time going fast.

"Ogg" wrote:

> Look in the HELPs. Webtime can be launched from the command line.
> Therefore, it's pretty easy to invoke it automatically at Startup.
>

> "Justin Thyme" <krblmb@brainspring.com> wrote in message
> news:o $HKCfYMFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
> > Of course WebTime only sets the system clock to the accurate time when
> > invoked. If the trouble is within the computer itself (and it sounds as
> if
> > it might be) WebTime is only a temporary, intermittent corrective.

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:36:05 AM

A fast clock is not a bad sign. I'd be more concerned if the time was slow
or falling behind. Usually the latter is an indicator that the mobo battery
is needs to be replaced. But a fast clock is easy to adjust with Webtime!
My winme pc is over 4 years old. The clock is still fast. But it only
gained about 6 seconds in about a month.

> Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time! XO that utility did not work for
> me. Freez after freez. But thanks. Glad it is working for you though.
> I am gonna give the webtime a shot. I wish I knew whatever happened to my
> own PC time going fast.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:19:24 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:36:05 GMT,"Ogg" <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com>
penned this whopper in microsoft.public.windowsme.general

> A fast clock is not a bad sign. I'd be more concerned if the time was
> slow or falling behind. Usually the latter is an indicator that the
> mobo battery is needs to be replaced. But a fast clock is easy to
> adjust with Webtime! My winme pc is over 4 years old. The clock is
> still fast. But it only gained about 6 seconds in about a month.
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time! XO that utility did not
>> work for me. Freez after freez. But thanks. Glad it is working for
>> you though. I am gonna give the webtime a shot. I wish I knew
>> whatever happened to my own PC time going fast.

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm
Use the 32 bit version and incluce the /runonce command in the startup
folder. It should keep you in good shape. If you have a need for
timekeeping, create an excel file to hold the daily corrections.

--
"Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."

Mike
!