unable to update 1% re Touchmanager.ini now solved

I did reply to Mike M re removing touchmanager from the scope of Statemgr but
as some time has gone by I guess the thread went stale. Anyway, I don't need
to know how to do it now as I have a new keyboard which uses a different
program and one that doesn't constantly add files to the _restore folder and
Touchmanager has been removed from my system.
A big thank you to both Noel and Mike for their help as I am now able to
update successfully thanks to their advice.
Thanks guys!
Hillneerg

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm sorry but I never saw your posts asking for details of how to remove
touchmgr.ini from the scope of Win Me's state manager which is why I
never replied. Sorry about that. As it happens I've helped two others
with a similar problem in the windowsme.systemtools NG in the last week so
check there if you want to know what would have been involved.

Regards,
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Hillneerg <Hillneerg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I did reply to Mike M re removing touchmanager from the scope of
> Statemgr but as some time has gone by I guess the thread went stale.
> Anyway, I don't need to know how to do it now as I have a new
> keyboard which uses a different program and one that doesn't
> constantly add files to the _restore folder and Touchmanager has been
> removed from my system.
> A big thank you to both Noel and Mike for their help as I am now able
> to update successfully thanks to their advice.
> Thanks guys!
> Hillneerg

Glad to see you have it fixed!
As far as modifying SR to avoid the file concerned, I was leaving that to
Mike as he has much greater experience than I with that - and may have
missed the request as a result.

Whatever - you're up and running again, which is what counts!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

In fond memory of one of life's Gentlemen - Alex Nichol
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

"Hillneerg" <Hillneerg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did reply to Mike M re removing touchmanager from the scope of Statemgr
>but
> as some time has gone by I guess the thread went stale. Anyway, I don't
> need
> to know how to do it now as I have a new keyboard which uses a different
> program and one that doesn't constantly add files to the _restore folder
> and
> Touchmanager has been removed from my system.
> A big thank you to both Noel and Mike for their help as I am now able to
> update successfully thanks to their advice.
> Thanks guys!
> Hillneerg

oon't worry about it. I have saved all the comments (off PC)in case I have a
similar occurance in the future (well, who would have though of it being due
to keyboard software?)along with the instructions posted by Mike to a similar
situation which I can suitably amend if I find something similar happening
with a more expensive piece of hardware/software. The sytem is now fine,
updating is fine and I have restore points and the knowledge of what to do if
it starts again with something else!
Thanks again to you both.
Hillneerg
Hillneerg