blue screen with ff2a erro

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 27, 2005 1:51:01 PM

ever since a day or two I get blue screens with error code 06 0000 0000FF2A i
have run stinger and my virusscanner but no viruses found. I have reinstalled
ME but no luck
any idea what causes this error and how to resolve it will be appreciated or
a site where I can find more information on such errors

thx
Stephaan

More about : blue screen ff2a erro

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:42:18 PM

Stephan,

Please read the many threads relating to problems following the
installation of the 891711 hotfix (released 8 March 2005).

Temporarily try booting to Safe Mode, starting MSConfig (Start | Run,
enter MSConfig and then click OK), open the Startup tab and uncheck the
KB891711 entry.

Reboot back in to normal mode. Does this solve the problem?

If the 891711 patch was the cause of your problem then please, using the
Device Manager (System Properties | Device Manager), click the + alongside
"Display Adapters" and post back details of the video card/graphics
adapter you have installed and then from the Driver | Driver Details
buttons the version of the video driver you have installed.

Regards,
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com