Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service P..

Windows Update keeps telling me I need to install "Cumulative Security
Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009)". I've installed it
a dozen times, and it still keeps showing up when I run Windows Update.
Does anybody know a way to fix this?

See if the information in this MSKB article, helps you to resolve the
problem:
"Windows Update Site Lists Updates That You Already Installed"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319109
--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Home User" <Home_User@no.spam.net> wrote in message
> Windows Update keeps telling me I need to install "Cumulative Security
> Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009)". I've installed
it
> a dozen times, and it still keeps showing up when I run Windows Update.
> Does anybody know a way to fix this?

I followed the steps in MSKB article, but I am unable to locate a registry
key for KB837009.
So, the article did not apply and the issue has not been resolved...

> See if the information in this MSKB article, helps you to resolve the
> problem:
> "Windows Update Site Lists Updates That You Already Installed"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319109
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Home User" <Home_User@no.spam.net> wrote in message
> > Windows Update keeps telling me I need to install "Cumulative Security
> > Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009)". I've installed
> it
> > a dozen times, and it still keeps showing up when I run Windows Update.
> > Does anybody know a way to fix this?

Repost your question in the microsoft.public.windowsupdate newsgroup.

> I followed the steps in MSKB article, but I am unable to locate a registry
> key for KB837009.
> So, the article did not apply and the issue has not been resolved...
>

> "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
> > See if the information in this MSKB article, helps you to resolve the
problem:
> > "Windows Update Site Lists Updates That You Already Installed"
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > --
> > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
> > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
> > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> > ------
> > "Home User" <Home_User@no.spam.net> wrote in message
> > > Windows Update keeps telling me I need to install "Cumulative Security
> > > Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009)". I've
installed
> > it
> > > a dozen times, and it still keeps showing up when I run Windows
Update.
> > > Does anybody know a way to fix this?

OK. Thank you for the suggestion.

> Repost your question in the microsoft.public.windowsupdate newsgroup.

> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Home User" <Home_User@no.spam.net> wrote in message
> > I followed the steps in MSKB article, but I am unable to locate a
registry
> > key for KB837009.
> > So, the article did not apply and the issue has not been resolved...
> >

> > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
> > > See if the information in this MSKB article, helps you to resolve the
> problem:
> > > "Windows Update Site Lists Updates That You Already Installed"
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319109
> > > --
> > > Patti MacLeod
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
> > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
> > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> > > ------
> > > "Home User" <Home_User@no.spam.net> wrote in message
Security
> installed
> > > it
> Update.

Home User,

The correct reg key to check is :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{2cc9d512-6db6-4f1c-8979-9a41fae88de0}

It should also be listed in Add/Remove Programs as :

Outlook Express Q837009

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
Windows Server - Software Distribution
Windows - Security