Dell = no AMD

G

Whoo hoo

Stir that honeypot AMD4me :wink:

Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amateurs built the Ark - professionals made the Titanic

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well Dell has really strong ties with intel. So they only sell intel processor then the get them cheaper. Heck they have working samples of northwood. They won't go AMD cuz they see something in northwood.

Northwood P4 + i845(brookdale)+ 1gb PC100 SDRAM + SCSI3 640 +ATi Radeon 2 = Dream Team :cool:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Guys, I hope you know that Dell made a 50 year contract with Intel some time ago, and even stated "AMD processors are too weak for out purposes".
A well, they will og out of business for that error, especially when Clawhammer comes out.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
IA64 is going to replace the x86. Maybe the hammer is good for old school programs but 64bit wise 800mhz Itanium could wiped out a 1ghz+ Hammer in 64bit apps. 32bit still has some time left thou. Maybe budget workstation would be interested in the hammer. Well even amd will have to move to IA64 over time.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Why is this thread here? This thread doesn't belong here and has nothing to do with bad support/hotlines.

I personally think dell has great support. The only problem I've had is that they didn't know that I could stick a 1 ghz pIII in my motherboard, and they didn't know I could use 256 mb sdram. But that's intel's fault for not publishing that information. Intel insists that the 440 only supports up to 450 mhz and dell uses their documentation.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've had nothing but problems with Dell and Dell support. I emailed them asking about their monitor warranty, and after three weeks finally took my monitor in to get repaired. It cost $80 to get fixed, and I never did get an answer about the warranty.
I emailed them saying that I know people who have bought over a hundred Dell systems, brand new, and I'd be sharing with them my bad experiences. I got a reply the same day about how this is not indicative of typical Dell support, etc., etc. Yeah, bullcrap. This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've been treated like crap by Dell.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Yeah, that sucks. But you're most likely here for the same reason as me and won't be buying an OEM ever again...

I don't understand why you just didn't call them and tell them to send you a new monitor. What did they want from you? Why did you e-mail them if you had the warrenty? You should always call them.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I just wanted to know what was covered in the warranty, I have no idea where the documentation is.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

dhlucke

Polypheme
<A HREF="http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/misc/policy_010_policy.htmp" target="_new">http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/misc/policy_010_policy.htm</A>

I also believe that your warrenty came with your invoice.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 07/04/01 01:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

well well Dell knows Intel 100% better then amd. Since the AMD Zealots like to cry.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/ur456/index.html?994178303453" target="_new">Bowser's Homepage</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, that's actually fairly old news. There was a broken poll they buried on their homepage. I don't knew what the result was, though.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Re: Bowser...Wow, i think my cat did artwork that great....last year. She's doing better now.

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Actually my cat does great artwork. I like to call it a "scented sand tapestry" :smile: . Of c, as her biggest critic, i must destroy her art every day or 2 because i inspire her to create more.

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games