Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 and Audio

Last response: in Windows 7
March 1, 2009 9:25:04 PM

I have a set of 5.1 Logitech speakers plugged into an ASUS A8N-E. They plugs are all in the right jacks: front(green), center/sub(orange) and and rear to black(grey on this mobo). The volume is not at zero. The drivers have been updated and device manager reports the latest correct drivers installed; there is still no sound from any except the primary (front right) speaker. Auto test in the Realtek sound manager only registers a two speaker config. It will not register the six.

I am out of ideas, any help would be very much appreciated.

More about : windows audio

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2009 9:38:00 PM

set it to 5.1 in the windows sound manager
Score
March 1, 2009 9:53:35 PM

Yes, taste the rainbow :p 
Score
Related resources
March 2, 2009 12:08:52 PM

set them to 5.1 in the sound manager in control panel. also remember that windows 7 is still in BETA phase so dont expect everything to work perfectly.
Score
March 4, 2009 2:25:19 PM

I think you have Realtek AC97 sound, i am using ver 6.0.1.6293 of the drivers.
Unplug the speakers and any other device from the sound in and out ports, go to control panel, sound settings and configure 5.1.
You need to go to the PLAYBACK settings, Custom and check "switch line in to rear output" and "Switch Mic in to Center/LFE)

I had 5.1 running after a few attempts, but still not perfect, i still have some issues with inputs (mixer and lineIn)

Score
!