Desktop ATX case with 4 HDD bays?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hi,

Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
for hard disks. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fred.
7 answers Last reply
More about desktop case bays
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
    > for hard disks. Any ideas?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Fred.

    Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
    servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours also!
    Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual removable drive
    bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to add bits to such as
    fans. I should be on commission.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    >> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5"
    >> bays
    >> for hard disks. Any ideas?
    >
    > Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
    > servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours
    > also! Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual
    > removable drive bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to
    > add bits to such as fans. I should be on commission.

    Yeah, you could even buy a "nice" thesaurus with the commission. ;-)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    "Tone-EQ" <tony.cue@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5"
    >>> bays
    >>> for hard disks. Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
    >> servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours
    >> also! Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual
    >> removable drive bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to
    >> add bits to such as fans. I should be on commission.
    >
    > Yeah, you could even buy a "nice" thesaurus with the commission. ;-)

    LOL. This Usenet and not the National. Nice :-)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
    > for hard disks. Any ideas?

    > Fred.

    This is a can do situation, if you don't use floppy drives. There are many
    desktop
    enclosures that have a setup for 2 floppies and 2 HDDs. However with 4 HDDs
    You are going to have heat problems.
    good luck
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    Not produced.

    --
    DaveW

    "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
    > for hard disks. Any ideas?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Fred.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    Lian Li...

    "doS2k5" wrote:
    >Lian Li...

    Really? I was looking at a 9320B for an HTPC a while back; I thought
    the Lian-Li desktops maxed out at two 3.5" internal bays.

    http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?pcid=32&secid=166

    Just for fun: if you *really* need four 3.5" bays and have the
    scratch, check out the unbelievably cool (in both senses) custom
    A-Tech case.

    http://www.atechfabrication.com/products/atech_4000.htm
    --
    "Learn all you can. Die smart."
    - 1987, Anonymous chalk graffito

Homebuilt Cases Desktops Hard Drives Systems