Desktop ATX case with 4 HDD bays?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hi,

Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
for hard disks. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fred.

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
> for hard disks. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred.

Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours also!
Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual removable drive
bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to add bits to such as
fans. I should be on commission.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

>> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5"
>> bays
>> for hard disks. Any ideas?
>
> Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
> servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours
> also! Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual
> removable drive bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to
> add bits to such as fans. I should be on commission.

Yeah, you could even buy a "nice" thesaurus with the commission. ;-)

"Tone-EQ" <tony.cue@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5"
>>> bays
>>> for hard disks. Any ideas?
>>
>> Go to Overclockers and look at the Antec cases - built some nice raided
>> servers with their tower cases last year. You get a choice of colours
>> also! Nice set-up inside the cases also. Lots of space, individual
>> removable drive bays, etc, etc. Nice and lots of room to work in and to
>> add bits to such as fans. I should be on commission.
>
> Yeah, you could even buy a "nice" thesaurus with the commission. ;-)

LOL. This Usenet and not the National. Nice :)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
> for hard disks. Any ideas?

> Fred.

This is a can do situation, if you don't use floppy drives. There are many
desktop
enclosures that have a setup for 2 floppies and 2 HDDs. However with 4 HDDs
You are going to have heat problems.
good luck

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Not produced.

--
DaveW

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Looking for a nice desktop (i.e. not tower) case with 4 internal 3.5" bays
> for hard disks. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Lian Li...

"doS2k5" wrote:
>Lian Li...

Really? I was looking at a 9320B for an HTPC a while back; I thought
the Lian-Li desktops maxed out at two 3.5" internal bays.

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?pcid=32&secid=166

Just for fun: if you *really* need four 3.5" bays and have the
scratch, check out the unbelievably cool (in both senses) custom
A-Tech case.

http://www.atechfabrication.com/products/atech_4000.htm
--
"Learn all you can. Die smart."