Reinstall ME

Having too many issues to deal with (I'll tell you if you really want to
know), I choose to reinstall. I have OEM Recovery discs so I think this will
be easy. I have searched this site for info and don't see many issues other
than possibly replacing config.sys and autoexec.bat with earlier versions. Am
I uninformed? It's reinstall or buy new at this point.

Also, ISP (comcast broadband) says I won't need software after reinstall,
just one of their IP addresses (I'm skeptical). I guess I can make a note of
what it is now and reset. Exporting bookmarks and address books would
probably be a good idea too. I just upgraded my E-Trust and still have the
..exe on my desktop so I can re-use that.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

Win Me uses neither autoexec.bat nor config.sys these files only being
retained for backward compatibility for applications that expect to find
these two files.

As for your recovery CD, these vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and
are not made by Microsoft so the options available to you will depend on
how the manufacturer of your PC chose to configure their CD. Unless the
documentation that came with your CD says differently expect the CD to
restore the PC to the state it was in when first delivered with the loss
of all your installed programs and data so remember to backup everything
first that you want to keep.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com