system "not responding"

cp

I am receiving the message "msqsrv32-not responding" during boot-up and I
must drop the power to escape. FYI, I do have a printer problem which does
not allow me to print directly from a browser window or outlook express...I
can copy the info to "word" and then print fine. The fix was published under
Q265371 which I was unable to apply...wouldn't take or I did something wrong
following the instructions.

In any event, is msqsrv a file that I can delete? It is a hidden "user" dat
file. It was created 22 days ago and is 1.32 meg. It opens with an "unknown
application" and is in the "windows" folder. Any help or other suggestions
would be appreciated....
--
cp

msgsrv32.exe is not a file you can delete and you certainly don't want to
delete the file user.dat which is part of the system registry. Each time
you search for a file the search string is stored in user.dat.

MSGSRV32 not responding:

Your PC is having problem communicating with your hardware. What changes
did you make to your system (hardware, drivers or application) just prior
to this problem developing? Try booting to Safe Mode and then either undo
those changes or use System Restore to return your system to the state it
was in before this problem started however only use system restore if you
made those changes in the last few days, a week ago at most.

Look at your hardware, especially drivers. When you see that msgsrv32 is
not responding this is normally because it is waiting for a response from
a driver that has possibly crashed. Msgsrv32 is just the messenger, the
problem nearly always lies elsewhere.

See MS KB Q138708 - "Function of the Windows 32-Bit Message Server"
(http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=138708).
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

cp <pmg00(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am receiving the message "msqsrv32-not responding" during boot-up
> and I must drop the power to escape. FYI, I do have a printer
> problem which does not allow me to print directly from a browser
> window or outlook express...I can copy the info to "word" and then
> print fine. The fix was published under Q265371 which I was unable
> to apply...wouldn't take or I did something wrong following the
> instructions.
>
> In any event, is msqsrv a file that I can delete? It is a hidden
> "user" dat file. It was created 22 days ago and is 1.32 meg. It
> opens with an "unknown application" and is in the "windows" folder.
> Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated....

cp

Mike, I could be mistaken but my problem is with msqsrv32 not msgsrv32. Is
that a possibility or did I copy it down wrong? Sorry for the confusion. I
did reinstall an old HP scanner quite a few times and found out the problem
was that the scanner bulb was staying on all the time. I installed a new
Canon scanner and the msqsrv32 problem seems to have abated except maybe for
a couple of times. Thanks,
CP

"Mike M" wrote:

> msgsrv32.exe is not a file you can delete and you certainly don't want to
> delete the file user.dat which is part of the system registry. Each time
> you search for a file the search string is stored in user.dat.
>
> MSGSRV32 not responding:
>
> Your PC is having problem communicating with your hardware. What changes
> did you make to your system (hardware, drivers or application) just prior
> to this problem developing? Try booting to Safe Mode and then either undo
> those changes or use System Restore to return your system to the state it
> was in before this problem started however only use system restore if you
> made those changes in the last few days, a week ago at most.
>
> Look at your hardware, especially drivers. When you see that msgsrv32 is
> not responding this is normally because it is waiting for a response from
> a driver that has possibly crashed. Msgsrv32 is just the messenger, the
> problem nearly always lies elsewhere.
>
> See MS KB Q138708 - "Function of the Windows 32-Bit Message Server"
> (http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=138708).
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> cp <pmg00(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am receiving the message "msqsrv32-not responding" during boot-up
> > and I must drop the power to escape. FYI, I do have a printer
> > problem which does not allow me to print directly from a browser
> > window or outlook express...I can copy the info to "word" and then
> > print fine. The fix was published under Q265371 which I was unable
> > to apply...wouldn't take or I did something wrong following the
> > instructions.
> >
> > In any event, is msqsrv a file that I can delete? It is a hidden
> > "user" dat file. It was created 22 days ago and is 1.32 meg. It
> > opens with an "unknown application" and is in the "windows" folder.
> > Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated....

> Is that a possibility or did I copy it down wrong?

Yes, most likely since the Win Me operating system contains no file
msqsrv32.exe however it does contain a file named msgsrv32.exe and the
message msgsrv32 (not responding) is a frequently posted problem in these
newsgroups hence my earlier reply.

Regards,
--

In article <OWfwDNiNFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, Mike M says...

> Yes, most likely since the Win Me operating system contains no file
> msqsrv32.exe however it does contain a file named msgsrv32.exe and the
> message msgsrv32 (not responding) is a frequently posted problem in these
> newsgroups hence my earlier reply.

A Google search on 'msqsrv32.exe' proved interesting. Apparently that is a
common spelling error. Some responded as if there was such a file;
generally, those responses referred to Windows 95 and MSIE 4. Many of the
links did correct the typo before moving on to a response.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain