WinTV card & AGP Nvidia/Radeon

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

Is it perfectly possible for a pc to function if you have both have the
WinTV Nova-t (PCI) card installed as well as an AGP Nvidia(Geforce)/Radeon
card. What I mean can view TV and play games at the sametime (I have
WindowsXP home edition installed on my pc)

Maximus wrote:

> Is it perfectly possible for a pc to function if you have both have the
> WinTV Nova-t (PCI) card installed as well as an AGP Nvidia(Geforce)/Radeon
> card. What I mean can view TV and play games at the sametime (I have
> WindowsXP home edition installed on my pc)

Whether the hardware plays well together is a different question. I don't
know that particular TV card but odds are it'll probably be fine as long as
there are drivers for it.

As for the game, if it takes over the whole screen, as most are want to do,
then no, you can't watch TV at the same time because there isn't any screen
area to put it on.

In article <crdlpi$ugp$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, Maximus says...
> Is it perfectly possible for a pc to function if you have both have the
> WinTV Nova-t (PCI) card installed as well as an AGP Nvidia(Geforce)/Radeon
> card. What I mean can view TV and play games at the sametime (I have
> WindowsXP home edition installed on my pc)

Yes. Alternatively by the Radeon All In Wonder which has a built in TV
tuner.

--
Conor

-- George Patton