Warning!

Hello everyone:

With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all know
know about it for your own protection.
The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones, as
well as me not being able to access my own email account with my server, was
simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program. I did
disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
present.
My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
That was a costly experience for me.

Harry.

TomV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Harry,

Misconfiguration of personal firewall software is noted as a "possible"
cause of this problem, and Zonelabs is identified as one of many vendors
whose software is known to cause the problem as noted in the following
KB article. The eTrust firewall is a rebranded Zonelabs firewall.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

As the KB article indicates, there are a number of possible causes for
the problem. It seems though that reformatting and reinstalling the OS
is a somewhat drastic solution to resolve the problem. Unfortunately,
it doesn't help isolate the cause of the problem and identify a likely
solution. It's kind of like knocking the house down when the front door
lock is jammed.

FWIW, I've been using the eTrust AV and firewall products for a couple
of years without any mishaps, except of course those that were
self-inflicted. I hope you're using alternative AV and firewall
software on your system.

Tom

webster72n wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all know
> know about it for your own protection.
> The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones, as
> well as me not being able to access my own email account with my server, was
> simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program. I did
> disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> present.
> My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> That was a costly experience for me.
>
> Harry.

Harry sez: "That was a costly experience for me......."

Probably not near as costly as what you will experience without an AV or
firewall. Surely, you are not going without one? I am using EZ AV and Zone
Alarm Pro with no ill results.
My real question is, if you disabled the apps, uninstalled the apps and it
didn't help......what makes you believe that EZ Armor and the firewall were
at fault? Could it not be that formatting and reinstalling Windows masked
the real culprit?
Heirloom, old and slightly dazed

> Hello everyone:
>
> With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all
know
> know about it for your own protection.
> The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones, as
> well as me not being able to access my own email account with my server,
was
> simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program. I
did
> disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> present.
> My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> That was a costly experience for me.
>
> Harry.

Heirloom:

The nature of your reply doesn't come as a surprise to me.
The dreaded error message in OE only appeared immediately after I installed
EZ Armor in my fresh reinstall of WinME. None of all the other proposed
remedies I tried before had helped and there were plenty, believe me.
The AV and firewall situation is or will be taken care of.
What are you thinking of, when you are talking about a 'real culprit'? You
have aroused my curiosity.

Harry.

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Harry sez: "That was a costly experience for me......."
>

> Probably not near as costly as what you will experience without an AV or
> firewall. Surely, you are not going without one? I am using EZ AV and
Zone
> Alarm Pro with no ill results.
> My real question is, if you disabled the apps, uninstalled the apps and it
> didn't help......what makes you believe that EZ Armor and the firewall
were
> at fault? Could it not be that formatting and reinstalling Windows masked
> the real culprit?
> Heirloom, old and slightly dazed
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone:
> >
> > With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all
> know
> > know about it for your own protection.
> > The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones, as
> > well as me not being able to access my own email account with my server,
> was
> > simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program. I
> did
> > disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> > pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> > program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> > present.
> > My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> > That was a costly experience for me.
> >
> > Harry.

TomV pretty much summed up the 'real culprit' comment. I would sooner
suspect a bad install, improper settings, certain apps not 'playing well'
together, etc. There have been a number of updates in ZAPro in the past
few months, some of the earlier versions causing some grief for a
few.......did you have the latest version of your software?

Your's may have been the only acceptable alternative........but, going
without an AV and firewall is NOT an alternative.
Heirloom, old and some shadow of doubt

> Heirloom:
>
> The nature of your reply doesn't come as a surprise to me.
> The dreaded error message in OE only appeared immediately after I
installed
> EZ Armor in my fresh reinstall of WinME. None of all the other proposed
> remedies I tried before had helped and there were plenty, believe me.
> The AV and firewall situation is or will be taken care of.
> What are you thinking of, when you are talking about a 'real culprit'? You
> have aroused my curiosity.
>
> Harry.
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Harry sez: "That was a costly experience for me......."
> >

> > Probably not near as costly as what you will experience without an AV or
> > firewall. Surely, you are not going without one? I am using EZ AV and
> Zone
> > Alarm Pro with no ill results.
> > My real question is, if you disabled the apps, uninstalled the apps and
it
> > didn't help......what makes you believe that EZ Armor and the firewall
> were
> > at fault? Could it not be that formatting and reinstalling Windows
masked
> > the real culprit?
> > Heirloom, old and slightly dazed
> >
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone:
> > >
> > > With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all
> > know
> > > know about it for your own protection.
> > > The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones,
as
> > > well as me not being able to access my own email account with my
server,
> > was
> > > simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program.
> > did
> > > disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> > > pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> > > program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> > > present.
> > > My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> > > That was a costly experience for me.
> > >
> > > Harry.

Tom:

The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages are
quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them pertaining to my
specific situation, with no positive results. And I tried other solutions
before finally deciding on the radical approach.
My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical Mouse.
Does any of them present a clue?

Harry.

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Harry,
>
> Misconfiguration of personal firewall software is noted as a "possible"
> cause of this problem, and Zonelabs is identified as one of many vendors
> whose software is known to cause the problem as noted in the following
> KB article. The eTrust firewall is a rebranded Zonelabs firewall.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
>
> As the KB article indicates, there are a number of possible causes for
> the problem. It seems though that reformatting and reinstalling the OS
> is a somewhat drastic solution to resolve the problem. Unfortunately,
> it doesn't help isolate the cause of the problem and identify a likely
> solution. It's kind of like knocking the house down when the front door
> lock is jammed.
>
> FWIW, I've been using the eTrust AV and firewall products for a couple
> of years without any mishaps, except of course those that were
> self-inflicted. I hope you're using alternative AV and firewall
> software on your system.
>
> Tom
>
> webster72n wrote:
> > Hello everyone:
> >
> > With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all
know
> > know about it for your own protection.
> > The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones, as
> > well as me not being able to access my own email account with my server,
was
> > simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program. I
did
> > disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> > pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> > program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> > present.
> > My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> > That was a costly experience for me.
> >
> > Harry.

TomV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Harry,

No clues here as to the culprit. Are you saying that one of these apps
is now causing the 0x800CCC0F error? It sounds like you'll need to work
through identifying the problem application by process of elimination.

Tom

webster72n wrote:
> Tom:
>
> The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages are
> quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them pertaining to my
> specific situation, with no positive results. And I tried other solutions
> before finally deciding on the radical approach.
> My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
> server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
> following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical Mouse.
> Does any of them present a clue?
>
> Harry.

Heirloom:

I didn't intend to be without AV or Firewall protection.
And I just had updated my application, because CA informed me of the
impending termination of the support for my current version. If that update
was "bad", what in the world can I do about it? There are still some 51/2 to
6 months in my subscription left.
My OE works fine now and that's really all I am interested in at the moment.

Harry, old and no doubt at all.

> TomV pretty much summed up the 'real culprit' comment. I would sooner
> suspect a bad install, improper settings, certain apps not 'playing well'
> together, etc. There have been a number of updates in ZAPro in the past
> few months, some of the earlier versions causing some grief for a
> few.......did you have the latest version of your software?
>
> Your's may have been the only acceptable alternative........but, going
> without an AV and firewall is NOT an alternative.
> Heirloom, old and some shadow of doubt
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Heirloom:
> >
> > The nature of your reply doesn't come as a surprise to me.
> > The dreaded error message in OE only appeared immediately after I
> installed
> > EZ Armor in my fresh reinstall of WinME. None of all the other proposed
> > remedies I tried before had helped and there were plenty, believe me.
> > The AV and firewall situation is or will be taken care of.
> > What are you thinking of, when you are talking about a 'real culprit'?
You
> > have aroused my curiosity.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Harry sez: "That was a costly experience for me......."
> > >

> > > Probably not near as costly as what you will experience without an AV
or
> > > firewall. Surely, you are not going without one? I am using EZ AV
and
> > Zone
> > > Alarm Pro with no ill results.
> > > My real question is, if you disabled the apps, uninstalled the apps
and
> it
> > > didn't help......what makes you believe that EZ Armor and the firewall
> > were
> > > at fault? Could it not be that formatting and reinstalling Windows
> masked
> > > the real culprit?
> > > Heirloom, old and slightly dazed
> > >
> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

> > > know
> as
> server,
> > > was
> > > did

Tom:

The error message occurred with my OE and is gone now, thank goodness. The
application was useless to me.
Now I still have no access to the email account with my server, which is the
supplier for OE and from the looks of it, I am not getting any mail right
now, but that may be temporary. When I click on the login button, the page
just twitches a little and stays, instead of opening my account.
Yet it worked before installing those four items I mentioned.
If noone has an answer and I actually need to get to my account to adjust
the "Whitelist", I will have to go back again the radical way.

> Harry,
>
> No clues here as to the culprit. Are you saying that one of these apps
> is now causing the 0x800CCC0F error? It sounds like you'll need to work
> through identifying the problem application by process of elimination.
>
> Tom
>
> webster72n wrote:
> > Tom:
> >
> > The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages
are
> > quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them pertaining to
my
> > specific situation, with no positive results. And I tried other
solutions
> > before finally deciding on the radical approach.
> > My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
> > server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
> > following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical
Mouse.
> > Does any of them present a clue?
> >
> > Harry.

If you are able to access the Net and unable to access your web based email,
you either have your settings wrong or your email server is down.
With regard to resorting to "the radical way", wouldn't SR be much easier?
You set a restore point, install an app and check everything for
functionality......to include shutting down and restarting. When satisfied,
set another restore point and install another app or two, check everything
again. If something is outside the realm of kosher.......restore! When you
have determined the offending app, hit an appropriate NG with all the info
you have...if that fails, ask yourself if you really need it or ask others
if there is something else that will do the job without problems.
Installing 4 different things, in one session, is asking......nay, begging,
for trouble.

In the mean time, go to the AVG site and dl'd their free version antivirus.
Then get a firewall, free ZA, Kerio, Tiny.........anything that works. At
least, you will be 'protected' until you locate an AV or firewall that
satisfies your requirements. Auto download of defs, default settings and an
'on/off' button would be good.
Heirloom, old and sticking with EZ and ZAP

> Tom:
>
> The error message occurred with my OE and is gone now, thank goodness. The
> application was useless to me.
> Now I still have no access to the email account with my server, which is
the
> supplier for OE and from the looks of it, I am not getting any mail right
> now, but that may be temporary. When I click on the login button, the page
> just twitches a little and stays, instead of opening my account.
> Yet it worked before installing those four items I mentioned.
> If noone has an answer and I actually need to get to my account to adjust
> the "Whitelist", I will have to go back again the radical way.
>
> Harry.
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Harry,
> >
> > No clues here as to the culprit. Are you saying that one of these apps
> > is now causing the 0x800CCC0F error? It sounds like you'll need to work
> > through identifying the problem application by process of elimination.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > webster72n wrote:
> > > Tom:
> > >
> > > The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages
> are
> > > quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them pertaining
> my
> > > specific situation, with no positive results. And I tried other
> solutions
> > > before finally deciding on the radical approach.
> > > My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
> > > server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
> > > following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical
> Mouse.
> > > Does any of them present a clue?
> > >
> > > Harry.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I am shaking my head in disbelief!!

I have used EZ Trust for over 5 years and Zone Alarm for about 8......and
there is no blinkin' way that these two programs caused your problems!! I
have never heard of them causing problems with OE.

But you DO have a habit of downloading obscure programs and then getting
into hot water and end up reformatting.......you never come here to ask
anyone if any of these programs are OK. Harry....you are your own worst
enemy!!

Sorry for being so blunt, but perhaps that is what is needed to get you to
learn how to properly use a computer. And to stop fooling with obscure
programs that you know nothing about. ASK FIRST!!!!!

As for the programs you are asking Tom about......didn't you read statements
on this very news group about Acrobat 6 not working well with WindowsME??
And to use Version 5??? And I have never run across 2 of the 4 programs you
mention....what in hell is Teac??

The fact that you are having problems with OE and not WinME says to me that
you have not investigated the OE/ISP connection enough. Have you gone to
the OE group and asked about your problems there?? Probably not.

Reformatting is not the way to cure computer problems.....altho there are
those that think so. But they also never ask questions.....just wipe the
drive and in doing so.....wipe out any clues that could have identified
their (and your) problems.

Pardon me for being so blunt......but I hope it opens your eyes.

Heather

> Tom:
>
> The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages are
> quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them pertaining to my
> specific situation, with no positive results. And I tried other solutions
> before finally deciding on the radical approach.
> My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
> server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
> following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical
Mouse.
> Does any of them present a clue?
>
> Harry.
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Harry,
> >
> > Misconfiguration of personal firewall software is noted as a "possible"
> > cause of this problem, and Zonelabs is identified as one of many vendors
> > whose software is known to cause the problem as noted in the following
> > KB article. The eTrust firewall is a rebranded Zonelabs firewall.

> > As the KB article indicates, there are a number of possible causes for
> > the problem. It seems though that reformatting and reinstalling the OS
> > is a somewhat drastic solution to resolve the problem. Unfortunately,
> > it doesn't help isolate the cause of the problem and identify a likely
> > solution. It's kind of like knocking the house down when the front door
> > lock is jammed.
> >
> > FWIW, I've been using the eTrust AV and firewall products for a couple
> > of years without any mishaps, except of course those that were
> > self-inflicted. I hope you're using alternative AV and firewall
> > software on your system.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > webster72n wrote:
> > > Hello everyone:
> > >
> > > With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let y'all
> know
> > > know about it for your own protection.
> > > The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar ones,
as
> > > well as me not being able to access my own email account with my
server,
> was
> > > simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall program.
> did
> > > disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
> > > pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled the
> > > program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were still
> > > present.
> > > My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME twice.
> > > That was a costly experience for me.
> > >
> > > Harry.

Heather:

What did I do to you?
The only thing I downloaded about the time these error messages happened,
was the upgraded version for my application of EZ Armor AV and Firewall.
Why then do things work allright after I format and reinstall WinME and
before that, installing the program brought on the message?
BTW when I installed Firefox it brought on this crazy message in OE also,
and I thought to be doing something good for my machine.
Instead of trying to find the real cause of this strange behavior, you are
blaming me.
The error message I 'was' getting and similar ones happen quite frequently,
as I found out.
You not being able to help me is not annoying, but
blaming me for someone else's mistakes(?) is.

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]
> > > whose software is known to cause the problem as noted in the
following
> > > KB article. The eTrust firewall is a rebranded Zonelabs firewall.
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
> > >
> > > As the KB article indicates, there are a number of possible causes for
> > > the problem. It seems though that reformatting and reinstalling the
OS
> > > is a somewhat drastic solution to resolve the problem. Unfortunately,
> > > it doesn't help isolate the cause of the problem and identify a likely
> > > solution. It's kind of like knocking the house down when the front
door
> > > lock is jammed.
> > >
> > > FWIW, I've been using the eTrust AV and firewall products for a couple
> > > of years without any mishaps, except of course those that were
> > > self-inflicted. I hope you're using alternative AV and firewall

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I am trying to tell you that you are the only one getting these errors, ergo
you must be putting some program on there that doesn't agree with WinME, for
instance.

And I am pointing out that you do NOT come on here and say....
"Help...I am getting such and such errors when I do this or that".....you
just reformat. So how on earth can anyone help you??

I don't get those errors with EZ Trust & ZAPro......nor do I get them with
Firefox. So you tell me....what is causing you to get them and not 99% of
the rest of the computer users. No one else has reported these errors with
any of the above.

I am trying to tell you that very often you buy or download really obscure
programs that are more likely to be the cause of your problems. Or in the
case of the *missing 40 gig*.....something went wrong when you tried to
partition your new drive with Partition Magic. But you didn't ask
anyone....anything. So it is really frustrating to try and help you when
you don't tell the whole story......or go ahead and do stuff without
understanding what you are doing.

That's all I was saying to you.

Heather

> Heather:
>
> What did I do to you?
> The only thing I downloaded about the time these error messages happened,
> was the upgraded version for my application of EZ Armor AV and Firewall.
> Why then do things work allright after I format and reinstall WinME and
> before that, installing the program brought on the message?
> BTW when I installed Firefox it brought on this crazy message in OE also,
> and I thought to be doing something good for my machine.
> Instead of trying to find the real cause of this strange behavior, you are
> blaming me.
> The error message I 'was' getting and similar ones happen quite
frequently,
> as I found out.
> You not being able to help me is not annoying, but
> blaming me for someone else's mistakes(?) is.
>
> Harry.

Heather:
And I was trying to tell you that I am by far not the only one getting those
errrors.
But there is no point in arguing here with you, when I am only looking for
an answer to my question.
Obviously you don't have one and from where I am sitting,
EZ was the cause, whether you like it or not.
Too bad you have to be so abrasive about it.
Just think, there are better days ahead (I hope).

> I am trying to tell you that you are the only one getting these errors,
ergo
> you must be putting some program on there that doesn't agree with WinME,
for
> instance.
>
> And I am pointing out that you do NOT come on here and say....
> "Help...I am getting such and such errors when I do this or that".....you
> just reformat. So how on earth can anyone help you??
>
> I don't get those errors with EZ Trust & ZAPro......nor do I get them with
> Firefox. So you tell me....what is causing you to get them and not 99% of
> the rest of the computer users. No one else has reported these errors
with
> any of the above.
>
> I am trying to tell you that very often you buy or download really obscure
> programs that are more likely to be the cause of your problems. Or in the
> case of the *missing 40 gig*.....something went wrong when you tried to
> partition your new drive with Partition Magic. But you didn't ask
> anyone....anything. So it is really frustrating to try and help you when
> you don't tell the whole story......or go ahead and do stuff without
> understanding what you are doing.
>
> That's all I was saying to you.
>
> Heather
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Heather:
> >
> > What did I do to you?
> > The only thing I downloaded about the time these error messages
happened,
> > was the upgraded version for my application of EZ Armor AV and Firewall.
> > Why then do things work allright after I format and reinstall WinME and
> > before that, installing the program brought on the message?
> > BTW when I installed Firefox it brought on this crazy message in OE
also,
> > and I thought to be doing something good for my machine.
> > Instead of trying to find the real cause of this strange behavior, you
are
> > blaming me.
> > The error message I 'was' getting and similar ones happen quite
> frequently,
> > as I found out.
> > You not being able to help me is not annoying, but
> > blaming me for someone else's mistakes(?) is.
> >
> > Harry.

Heirloom:

You are saying a whole mouthful here.
Before my radical move I did utilize SR and in doing so exhausted the few
restore points I had, like three of them.
At one time I used "undo" and that was a big mistake,
because that undid more than just my last restore.
And that helped me to decide my "radical move".
Those four items I installed are all local and I never had any problem with
them before.
As for the AV and Firewall, don't worry, I'll take care of that "little
detail".
Thanks for your constructive input, Heirloom.

Harry, old and had no problem with EZ until now.

> If you are able to access the Net and unable to access your web based
email,
> you either have your settings wrong or your email server is down.
> With regard to resorting to "the radical way", wouldn't SR be much easier?
> You set a restore point, install an app and check everything for
> functionality......to include shutting down and restarting. When
satisfied,
> set another restore point and install another app or two, check everything
> again. If something is outside the realm of kosher.......restore! When
you
> have determined the offending app, hit an appropriate NG with all the info
> you have...if that fails, ask yourself if you really need it or ask others
> if there is something else that will do the job without problems.
> Installing 4 different things, in one session, is asking......nay,
begging,
> for trouble.
>
> In the mean time, go to the AVG site and dl'd their free version
antivirus.
> Then get a firewall, free ZA, Kerio, Tiny.........anything that works.
At
> least, you will be 'protected' until you locate an AV or firewall that
> satisfies your requirements. Auto download of defs, default settings and
an
> 'on/off' button would be good.
> Heirloom, old and sticking with EZ and ZAP
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > Tom:
> >
> > The error message occurred with my OE and is gone now, thank goodness.
The
> > application was useless to me.
> > Now I still have no access to the email account with my server, which is
> the
> > supplier for OE and from the looks of it, I am not getting any mail
right
> > now, but that may be temporary. When I click on the login button, the
page
> > just twitches a little and stays, instead of opening my account.
> > Yet it worked before installing those four items I mentioned.
> > If noone has an answer and I actually need to get to my account to
adjust
> > the "Whitelist", I will have to go back again the radical way.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > > Harry,
> > >
> > > No clues here as to the culprit. Are you saying that one of these
apps
> > > is now causing the 0x800CCC0F error? It sounds like you'll need to
work
> > > through identifying the problem application by process of elimination.
> > >
> > > Tom

> > are
> > my
> > solutions
> > Mouse.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

First of all......you show me any post where someone is getting that OE
error from EZ Trust.....there are none. EZ Trust did NOT cause that error.

I have a brother-in-law just like you......well, I won't go into that. But
I no longer answer his computer questions coz I don't have the patience with
him.......for a lot of reasons.

Secondly, no I have no anwers for you because it was something you put on
that computer and I have no clue what obscure proggies you have on there. I
believe in fixing the problems........not formatting. As Heirloom said, why
not use the SR system. I always make a restore point before adding an
upgrade or new program.

Thirdly.....if you thought that was *abrasive*, then you bruise easily. You
ain't even seen abrasive yet.....grin. I was *honest*.

HF
> [...]
> happened,
> > > was the upgraded version for my application of EZ Armor AV and
Firewall.
> > > Why then do things work allright after I format and reinstall WinME
and
> > > before that, installing the program brought on the message?
> > > BTW when I installed Firefox it brought on this crazy message in OE
> also,
> > > and I thought to be doing something good for my machine.
> > > Instead of trying to find the real cause of this strange behavior, you
> are
> > > blaming me.
> > > The error message I 'was' getting and similar ones happen quite
> > frequently,
> > > as I found out.
> > > You not being able to help me is not annoying, but
> > > blaming me for someone else's mistakes(?) is.

Heather:

You keep your "honest" and I keep my peace.
See you 'later'.

> [...]
> > > anyone....anything. So it is really frustrating to try and help you
> when
> > > you don't tell the whole story......or go ahead and do stuff without
> > > understanding what you are doing.
> > >
> > > That's all I was saying to you.
> > >
> > > Heather
> > >
> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

> > happened,
> Firewall.
> and
> > also,
> > are
> > > frequently,

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Harry,
>
> No clues here as to the culprit. Are you saying that one of these
> apps is now causing the 0x800CCC0F error? It sounds like you'll need
> to work through identifying the problem application by process of

Use the Resource Meter from Accessories > System Tools. I have a hunch that
error is caused by running out of resources while opening something up and you
wind up with multiple BSOD's. Best resolve for that is go to Win XP.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:15:13 GMT,"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
penned this whopper in microsoft.public.windowsme.general

> Tom:
>
> The possibilities given in your link as causes for the error messages
> are quite familiar to me and I experimented with each of them
> pertaining to my specific situation, with no positive results. And I
> tried other solutions before finally deciding on the radical approach.
> My OE is working allright now, but access to my email account with the
> server went on the blank again, after installing either one of the
> following: Acrobat 6, Teac Direct CD, IomegaWare or my AOpen Optical
> Mouse. Does any of them present a clue?
>
> Harry.
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Harry,
>>
>> Misconfiguration of personal firewall software is noted as a
>> "possible" cause of this problem, and Zonelabs is identified as one
>> of many vendors
>> whose software is known to cause the problem as noted in the
>> following
>> KB article. The eTrust firewall is a rebranded Zonelabs firewall.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
>>
>> As the KB article indicates, there are a number of possible causes
>> for the problem. It seems though that reformatting and reinstalling
>> the OS is a somewhat drastic solution to resolve the problem.
>> Unfortunately, it doesn't help isolate the cause of the problem and
>> identify a likely solution. It's kind of like knocking the house
>> down when the front door lock is jammed.
>>
>> FWIW, I've been using the eTrust AV and firewall products for a
>> couple of years without any mishaps, except of course those that were
>> self-inflicted. I hope you're using alternative AV and firewall
>> software on your system.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> webster72n wrote:
>> > Hello everyone:
>> >
>> > With my latest experience I find it absolutely necessary, to let
>> > y'all
> know
>> > know about it for your own protection.
>> > The reason for the error message # 0x800CCC0F and maybe similar
>> > ones, as well as me not being able to access my own email account
>> > with my server,
> was
>> > simply the interference of the EZArmor Antivirus and Firewall
>> > program. I
> did
>> > disable email scanning in AV and the firewall as well as adjust all
>> > pertaining settings in the firewall and then finally uninstalled
>> > the program(s) with absolutely no results, meaning the errors were
>> > still present.
>> > My only resolution was to format the drive and reinstall WinME
>> > twice. That was a costly experience for me.
>> >
>> > Harry.

DirectCD AND Acrobat6 are known to have occassional triffles with either ME
or other common software found on ME like ZA, which is basically what you
had there.

--
"Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."

Mike