PCI Express 1?

I'm looking at one of those P4 LGA 775 boards
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=0)
with both AGP 8x and PCI Express 16. But it also says it has PCI
Express 1? What is that, and what's the difference between that and
regular PCI and PCI Express 16?

Before anyone else says it, I'm only getting the mobo because I don't
use my current [regular] PCI ports at all, and I see it as preparation
for today and the future, and if I ever need to upgrade, then so be it.
2 answers Last reply
More about express

    "Church" <stranger1623@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at one of those P4 LGA 775 boards
    > (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=0)
    > with both AGP 8x and PCI Express 16. But it also says it has PCI
    > Express 1? What is that, and what's the difference between that and
    > regular PCI and PCI Express 16?
    >
    > Before anyone else says it, I'm only getting the mobo because I don't
    > use my current [regular] PCI ports at all, and I see it as preparation
    > for today and the future, and if I ever need to upgrade, then so be it.

    PCI Express is a series of serial data paths. Typically, 16 are set aside
    to work together for a graphics card interface. Some chipsets allow for
    some multiple of 20 PCI Express serial data paths. So assuming your chipset
    had PCI Express X20 support, you could have a motherboard with say, (1) PCI
    Express X16 slot (graphics card) plus (4) PCI Express X1 slots (4 expansion
    cards) -Dave

    PCI-Express 1 slots replace the older PCI slots. No, they and the devices
    that go into them are NOT interchangeable.

    --
    DaveW

    "Church" <stranger1623@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at one of those P4 LGA 775 boards
    > (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=0)
    > with both AGP 8x and PCI Express 16. But it also says it has PCI
    > Express 1? What is that, and what's the difference between that and
    > regular PCI and PCI Express 16?
    >
    > Before anyone else says it, I'm only getting the mobo because I don't
    > use my current [regular] PCI ports at all, and I see it as preparation
    > for today and the future, and if I ever need to upgrade, then so be it.

Homebuilt PCI PCI Express Systems