I have built a system like this:

- power supply: qtec silent 400W (new)
- case antec (old)
- motherboard asus cusi-m (old)
- cpu via nemehiah 1 ghz (old)

I used it a bit then I was busy for work and I have not used it for two
months.

Now I use it, it works, but some times it randomly powers off.
I am in the bios or under linux, doing nothing or at full load: it power
off. I have to detach power cord to be able to power on again.

Power supply seems good, I have tried on another computer.
Ram seems good: I have some spare dimms and I tried them all.

Power down happens also without hdd and cdrom.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance for any reply!!!!

steveh

"Mario Giammarco" <giammarc@r50p.mio> wrote in message
>I have built a system like this:
>
> - power supply: qtec silent 400W (new)
> - case antec (old)
> - motherboard asus cusi-m (old)
> - cpu via nemehiah 1 ghz (old)
>
> I used it a bit then I was busy for work and I have not used it for two
> months.
>
> Now I use it, it works, but some times it randomly powers off.
> I am in the bios or under linux, doing nothing or at full load: it power
> off. I have to detach power cord to be able to power on again.
>
> Power supply seems good, I have tried on another computer.
> Ram seems good: I have some spare dimms and I tried them all.
>
> Power down happens also without hdd and cdrom.
>
> What can it be?
>
> Thanks in advance for any reply!!!!

Possibly overheating. But, even thoughyou tried it in another PC, I would
guess at the PSU.
QTecs are notoriously unreliable. Can you try a different PSU in your PC and
see what happens?

SteveH

> Possibly overheating.
I doubt because I have 2 fans in it.

But, even thoughyou tried it in another PC, I would
> guess at the PSU.
> QTecs are notoriously unreliable. Can you try a different PSU in your PC and
> see what happens?

Ok I will search another psu to make some try.