Splashtop Remote Now Available for Windows 8 Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Oh i guess Windows 7 was so bad OS that it didn't have remote desktop. Omg duplications all over. Smart Phone wanna be PC and it will never be PC.

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Oh i guess Windows 7 was so bad OS that it didn't have remote desktop. Omg duplications all over. Smart Phone wanna be PC and it will never be PC.[/citation]

I disagree. I could see XX years in the future that the processor on a cell phone would be powerful enough to suffice; that when you sit down at your desk ,it makes a wireless connection to a desktop-style mouse, keyboard, and monitor to be a workstation. And then going from home to work, etc, it would all be the same device with the same settings.

I'm not saying we're anywhere close to it now, but I think someday the smartphone will be a desktop, an HTPC, a workstation, etc. But this is not to say professional photographers or videographers or audio engineers will do their primary work through a smartphone's interface, because that's just silly.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I'm holding out for the MS Tablet that will run full Win8 (and have a kb on the cover instead of as a $70 add-on). I've got an RDP app for my iPad, it's usable but not what I'd call enjoyable to use, I think the MS tablet will be a better choice (hope the resolution is decent).

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]stingray71[/nom]Really wish you could remote into Linux using this. Use it quite often on my Home Server, works great.[/citation]
Most Linux systems support VNC or X2Go. Should be able to get a client for VNC somewhere.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]stingray71[/nom]Really wish you could remote into Linux using this. Use it quite often on my Home Server, works great.[/citation]

Ever heard of SSH with X forwarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.