Display properties - background pictures not showing

Please I need help. When I go into display properties and background to
choose a wallpaper, usually you see a preview of the picture in the tiny
computer screen example above that. The jpg pictures are not previewing. The
little screen just stays blank. I read somewhere on here along time ago how
to fix it and did fix it another time. Please help this bugs me silly.

thank you
Denise
2 answers Last reply
More about display properties background pictures showing

    Denise,

    Do you have Active Desktop enabled? If not then you cannot use jpg images
    as wallpaper and can only use bmp images. Have you perhaps disabled AD
    using an application such as TweakUI?
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    "DeniseJJ77" <DeniseJJ77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

    > Please I need help. When I go into display properties and background to
    > choose a wallpaper, usually you see a preview of the picture in the tiny
    > computer screen example above that. The jpg pictures are not
    > previewing. The
    > little screen just stays blank. I read somewhere on here along time ago
    > how
    > to fix it and did fix it another time. Please help this bugs me silly.

    this problem about a year ago and someone told me what to
    do and it fixed it, but I don't remember what it was. I
    don't know what TweakUI is either. I was just trying to
    preview a picture in another area and it messed up. Can
    you please tell me what to do?

    Thanks
    Denise

Microsoft Windows Displays