Unpacking driver files

I've put a clean installation of ME on an old Compaq laptop.

In trying to update/load drivers I've downloaded many archived driver sets.

NOT ONE of them will unzip properly. They ALL say they're corrupted.

Why?

Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:424fd671$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
Zboing Mouflon <zboing@bigzboing.co> had this to say:

> I've put a clean installation of ME on an old Compaq laptop.
>
> In trying to update/load drivers I've downloaded many archived driver
> sets.
>
> NOT ONE of them will unzip properly. They ALL say they're corrupted.
>
> Why?
>
> Andrew Bowie
> abowie@internode.on.net
> www.users.on.net/abowie

Well... Without more information it's unlikely that anyone here will be
certain of what the problem is. Is the OS saying that they're corrupt or is
the unzipping utility claiming that they're corrupt. If it's the unzipping
utility and you're using WinZip then there's some chance that you can get by
it if you open the compressed file, click on the extract button, let it give
you the error but don't close either the error message or WinZip, go to the
folder that you were extracting it to, and the file will be there and you'll
be able to TRY to use it and sometimes that will work.

If it's the OS that's saying that the file is corrupted then I don't know
why it's saying it or why it's saying that all of them are. If worse comes
to worse and you can't get the drivers you need from the manufacturer any
longer you should try driverguide.com for them as they tend to have a great
deal of them.

Galen