help needed

Hi I have a problem I am using wime and something has changed my ActiveX
setings I can't use the start button I can't use control panel all I have
been able to uses in firefox. Start button just well dose nothing It has
changed my desk top I have restort in \stalled but I can't eve use that
please what more do you wish to know so you can help me
thanks Chris Taylor
3 answers Last reply
More about help needed

    Very recently?

    Are you able to run System Restore and roll-back to time/date BEFORE it
    happened.

    If you can't run SR in Normal Mode, can you run it in Safe Mode?

    Have you checked for viruses etc?

    Mart

    "Chris Taylor" <au.ten.cten@rolyatc> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a problem I am using wime and something has changed my ActiveX
    > setings I can't use the start button I can't use control panel all I have
    > been able to uses in firefox. Start button just well dose nothing It has
    > changed my desk top I have restort in \stalled but I can't eve use that
    > please what more do you wish to know so you can help me
    > thanks Chris Taylor

    Hi Mart
    I have checked for viruses with Atrend and have none.
    I can't uses system restore in either normal or safe made.

    Chris wrote :-
    > I can't uses system restore in either normal or safe mode.

    Oh Dear!! - Chris, you are now almost entering 'The Last Chance Saloon'

    Boot with your WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk and choose 4) Minimal Boot.

    At the A:\> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and note the space
    between the g and /) then press Enter.

    Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST 'good' date BEFORE
    THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.

    Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the machine to
    reboot.

    Hopefully, this will get your Start button back again.

    Good Luck

    > Hi Mart
    > I have checked for viruses with Atrend and have none.
    > I can't uses system restore in either normal or safe made.
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Very recently?
    >>
    >> Are you able to run System Restore and roll-back to time/date BEFORE it
    >> happened.
    >>
    >> If you can't run SR in Normal Mode, can you run it in Safe Mode?
    >>
    >> Have you checked for viruses etc?
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Chris Taylor" <au.ten.cten@rolyatc> wrote in message
    >> > Hi I have a problem I am using wime and something has changed my
    >> > ActiveX
    >> > setings I can't use the start button I can't use control panel all I
    > have
    >> > been able to uses in firefox. Start button just well dose nothing It
    >> > has
    >> > changed my desk top I have restort in \stalled but I can't eve use that
    >> > please what more do you wish to know so you can help me
    >> > thanks Chris Taylor

Control Panel Microsoft Windows