IP Configurations

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 4, 2005 6:29:02 PM

I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?

More about : configurations

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:37:51 AM

Could you please explain what you are trying to do and what the problem is
that you are experiencing. For example are you trying to allocate a fixed
IP address to a network adapter or is the problem that you are unable to
pick up a dynamic address and other settings when connecting to your ISP?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

deja25 <deja25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing
> my DSL program & won't update? Called support and they walked me
> through, but IP configuration won't allow me to make changes. They
> suggested contacting Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 5:29:02 PM

Check your network settings. Start->Control Panel->Network And Internet
connections. See if there is any network adapter listed. If there is one,
open cmd and run ipconfig /renew. If not successful. Try to uninstall and
reinstall TCP/IP on Network and Internet connections. If that does not work,
you want to consider reinstalling windows.

"deja25" wrote:

> I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
> program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
> configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
> Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 5:52:31 PM

In article <1676F8AC-4879-4418-B840-96547882C3B6@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
ZGVqYTI1?= says...

> I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
> program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
> configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
> Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?

You should only need the PPPoE connection manager, and only if you don't
have Windows XP (includes a PPPoE connection manager), and you don't have a
router (includes a PPPoE connection manager), and your DSL modem doesn't
have a PPPoE connection manager.

Why not start by telling us which OS you are using, whether you have a
router, and which modem you have? Speedstream 5100B? Five lights; four
normally steady on, the fifth dependent upon activity on the line. Or maybe
the Cayman?

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain