IP Configurations

I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?
3 answers Last reply
More about configurations

    Could you please explain what you are trying to do and what the problem is
    that you are experiencing. For example are you trying to allocate a fixed
    IP address to a network adapter or is the problem that you are unable to
    pick up a dynamic address and other settings when connecting to your ISP?
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    deja25 <deja25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing
    > my DSL program & won't update? Called support and they walked me
    > through, but IP configuration won't allow me to make changes. They
    > suggested contacting Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?

    Check your network settings. Start->Control Panel->Network And Internet
    connections. See if there is any network adapter listed. If there is one,
    open cmd and run ipconfig /renew. If not successful. Try to uninstall and
    reinstall TCP/IP on Network and Internet connections. If that does not work,
    you want to consider reinstalling windows.

    "deja25" wrote:

    > I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
    > program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
    > configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
    > Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?

    In article <1676F8AC-4879-4418-B840-96547882C3B6@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
    ZGVqYTI1?= says...

    > I'm unable to update my IP configuration on my PC. I tried installing my DSL
    > program & won't update? Called support and they walked me through, but IP
    > configuration won't allow me to make changes. They suggested contacting
    > Microsoft. Anyone know how I can update this?

    You should only need the PPPoE connection manager, and only if you don't
    have Windows XP (includes a PPPoE connection manager), and you don't have a
    router (includes a PPPoE connection manager), and your DSL modem doesn't
    have a PPPoE connection manager.

    Why not start by telling us which OS you are using, whether you have a
    router, and which modem you have? Speedstream 5100B? Five lights; four
    normally steady on, the fifth dependent upon activity on the line. Or maybe
    the Cayman?

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain