IE Script Error

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 4, 2005 10:56:34 PM

I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details. My
particular error is :
Line: 25
Char: 2
Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
is null or not an object.
Code: 0
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes / No
I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
bigger one.
Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do it
without buying a program.
I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.

Harry.

More about : script error

April 5, 2005 12:56:12 AM

Hi Harry,

Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me and
may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.

I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to my
computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is simply
handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
before, during or after a "funny" happened.

Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image of
my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be very
important if I have to restore from the Ghost image. This
is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive up to
current date by implementing any changes I have made since
the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still a
great first line of recovery.

Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups, it
appears there are a lot of people create problems for
themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
Systems prematurely.

Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.

Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
kissing a porcupine."

> I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall
the details. My
> particular error is :
> Line: 25
> Char: 2
> Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> is null or not an object.
> Code: 0
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> Yes / No
> I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
there. It did
> happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
did undo it, but
> apparently something slipped through and cannot be
recalled.
> It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
created one, a much
> bigger one.
> Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
but I want to do it
> without buying a program.
> I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
>
> Harry.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:56:13 AM

Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with a D:\ drive which
is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is working well, I do a
'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
Heirloom, old and likes Job's tagline...originality is
refreshing.

"Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Harry,
>
> Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
> novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me and
> may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
>
> I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to my
> computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
> doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is simply
> handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
> very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
> before, during or after a "funny" happened.
>
> Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image of
> my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
> restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
> This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
> recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
> have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be very
> important if I have to restore from the Ghost image. This
> is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive up to
> current date by implementing any changes I have made since
> the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
> restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
> reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still a
> great first line of recovery.
>
> Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups, it
> appears there are a lot of people create problems for
> themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
> Systems prematurely.
>
> Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.
>

> Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
> kissing a porcupine."
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall
> the details. My
> > particular error is :
> > Line: 25
> > Char: 2
> > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> > is null or not an object.
> > Code: 0
> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> > Yes / No
> > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
> there. It did
> > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
> did undo it, but
> > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
> recalled.
> > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
> created one, a much
> > bigger one.
> > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
> but I want to do it
> > without buying a program.
> > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
> >
> > Harry.

Related resources
April 5, 2005 2:06:05 AM

Howdy Texican and thanks,

Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.

Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
riginal."

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
a D:\ drive which
> is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
working well, I do a
> 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> Heirloom, old and likes Job's
tagline...originality is
> [...]
> > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't
recall
> > the details. My
> > > particular error is :
> > > Line: 25
> > > Char: 2
> > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> > > is null or not an object.
> > > Code: 0
> > did undo it, but
> > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
> > recalled.
> > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
> > created one, a much
> > > bigger one.
> > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or
similar,
> > but I want to do it
> > > without buying a program.
> > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:06:06 AM

who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some trim
and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it
rains.......
Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the tunnel

> Howdy Texican and thanks,
>
> Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
> whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
>

> Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
> riginal."
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
> a D:\ drive which
> > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
> working well, I do a
> > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
> tagline...originality is
> > refreshing.
> >
> > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Harry,
> > >
> > > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
> > > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me
> and
> > > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
> > >
> > > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to
> my
> > > computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
> > > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is
> simply
> > > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
> > > very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
> > > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
> > >
> > > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image
> of
> > > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
> > > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
> > > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
> > > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
> > > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be
> very
> > > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image.
> This
> > > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive
> up to
> > > current date by implementing any changes I have made
> since
> > > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
> > > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
> > > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still
> > > great first line of recovery.
> > >
> > > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups,
> it
> > > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
> > > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
> > > Systems prematurely.
> > >
> > > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.
> > >

> > > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
> > > kissing a porcupine."
> > >

> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> recall
> > > the details. My
> > > did undo it, but
> > > recalled.
> > > created one, a much
> similar,
> > > but I want to do it

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:36:01 AM

Heirloom:

Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in my case. Can't say
you didn't try.
Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing, called PC. I keep all
my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C. If "things get too
bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me to do things the
way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start out differently
when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
'before' I do.

Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.

> [...]
> > > Char: 2
> > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> > > is null or not an object.
> > > Code: 0
> > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> > > Yes / No
> > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
> > there. It did
> > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
> > did undo it, but
> > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
> > recalled.
> > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
> > created one, a much
> > > bigger one.
> > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
> > but I want to do it
> > > without buying a program.
> > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.

April 5, 2005 2:42:17 AM

Harry,

What ever floats your boat! Good luck.

Job says, "Pushy I'm not."

> Heirloom:
>
> Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in
my case. Can't say
> you didn't try.
> Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing,
called PC. I keep all
> my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C.
If "things get too
> bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me
to do things the
> way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start
out differently
> when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
> Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
> in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
> If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
> Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
> 'before' I do.
>
> Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
with a D:\ drive
> which
> > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
working well, I do
> > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
tagline...originality is
> > refreshing.
> >
> > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Harry,
> > >
> > > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a
computer
> > > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped
me and
> > > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
> > >
> > > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make
to my
> > > computer, error message that are encountered, what I
was
> > > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is
simply
> > > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to
be
> > > very valuable if I need to understand what was going
on
> > > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
> > >
> > > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an
image of
> > > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
> > > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
> > > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I
can
> > > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do
not
> > > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will
be very
> > > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image.
This
> > > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive
up to
> > > current date by implementing any changes I have made
since
> > > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
> > > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
> > > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is
still a
> > > great first line of recovery.
> > >
> > > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS
Newsgroups, it
> > > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
> > > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling
Operating
> > > Systems prematurely.
> > >
> > > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to
come.

> > > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
> > > kissing a porcupine."
> > >

> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
recall
> > > the details. My
page?
still
> > > there. It did
Mechanic". I
> > > did undo it, but
> > > recalled.
> > > created one, a much
similar,
> > > but I want to do it

April 5, 2005 3:22:59 AM

Hey guy,

I'm going to start a new thread so you can educate me on
F-Prot. See you there.

Job says, "I back into the tunnel so I always see the
light!."
> who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have
3 doors, some trim
> and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the
garage and the
> outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service
line......when it
> rains.......
> Heirloom, old and there is no light at the
end of the tunnel

> "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > Howdy Texican and thanks,
> >
> > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of
your
> > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are
wining.

> > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
> > riginal."
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
with
> > a D:\ drive which
> > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
> > working well, I do a
> > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
> > tagline...originality is
> > > refreshing.
> > >
> > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > > news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

computer
helped me
> > and

> > my
> > simply
to be

image
> > of
can
point.
be
> > very
> > This
drive
> > up to
> > since
that
still

Newsgroups,
> > it
for
Operating

come.

do

don't
> > recall
page?
is
> > still
Mechanic".
it
> > similar,

April 5, 2005 3:51:25 AM

OK......seeing as the Loon doesn't use F-Prot......and I have for some 9
years.....fire away. Assuming of course, that you are talking about F-Prot
for DOS......that is my backup manual AV.

Cheers, Heather (who leaves the taglines to the Loon and you)

One I like but will mess up naturally....
*Be kind to bacteria, they are the only culture some people have*

> Hey guy,
>
> I'm going to start a new thread so you can educate me on
> F-Prot. See you there.
>

> Job says, "I back into the tunnel so I always see the
> light!."
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have
> 3 doors, some trim
> > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the
> garage and the
> > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service
> line......when it
> > rains.......
> > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the
> end of the tunnel
> >
> > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
> > >
> > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of
> your
> > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are
> wining.
> > >

> > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
> > > riginal."
> > >

> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> with
> > > a D:\ drive which
> > > working well, I do a
> > > tagline...originality is

> computer
> helped me
> > > and

> > > my
> was
> > > simply
> to be
> on

> image
> > > of
> can
> point.
> can
> not
> be
> > > very
> > > This
> drive
> > > up to
> > > since
> that
> still

> Newsgroups,
> > > it
> for
> Operating

> come.

> do

> don't
> > > recall
> page?
> is
> > > still
> Mechanic".
> it
> > > similar,

April 5, 2005 3:52:44 AM

OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??

XX Figgs
"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
trim
> and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
> outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it
> rains.......
> Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the
tunnel

> "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > Howdy Texican and thanks,
> >
> > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
> > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
> >

> > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
> > riginal."
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
> > a D:\ drive which
> > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
> > working well, I do a
> > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
> > tagline...originality is
> > > refreshing.
> > >
> > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > > news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> > and

> > my
> > simply

> > of
> > very
> > This
> > up to
> > since

> > it

> > recall
> > similar,

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:52:45 AM

Good for you, Figgs. Bet you looked good bent over on the roof hammering
those nails......<g>.

Yep, Job, better to hit Figgs with questions about F-Prot........I have
never used it.
(may have to after Figgy makes her pitch, however)
Heirloom, old and no "F" to Protect

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
> house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??
>
> XX Figgs
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
> trim
> > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
> > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when
it
> > rains.......
> > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the
> tunnel
> >
> > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
> > >
> > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
> > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
> > >

> > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
> > > riginal."
> > >

> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > a D:\ drive which
> > > working well, I do a
> > > tagline...originality is

> > > and

> > > my
> > > simply

> > > of
> > > very
> > > This
> > > up to
> > > since

> > > it

> > > recall
> > > similar,

April 5, 2005 4:07:46 AM

Sorry Heather, thought the Loon used F-Prot. If it won't
embarrass you too much answering my "Heirloom's F-Prot" post
in this NG I will gladly accept your input.

You don't do bad at all (or a'tall as we say in the South),
your tag brought a big smile to my face.

Job remembers someone once said, "Insanity is only a state
of mind."

> [...]
> > point.
that I
> > can
I do
> > not
will
> > be
image.
> > drive
made
understand
> > that
is
> > still

> > Newsgroups,
problems
> > for
> > Operating

> > come.

> > do

message
> > don't
'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'

April 5, 2005 10:56:03 AM

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
trim
> and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
> outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it
> rains.......

When you say 'the outside', I take it you mean the trees and the driveway?

"The Feurer......now *there* was a painter!" - Kenneth Mars

Shane
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:02:05 PM

<lol> You're pushing your luck there, he'd probably say he has enough of
his own without taking yours on-board <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
> house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:02:57 PM

ROFL
Nice one Heirloom.
Joan

heirloom wrote:
> Good for you, Figgs. Bet you looked good bent over on the roof hammering
> those nails......<g>.
>
> Yep, Job, better to hit Figgs with questions about F-Prot........I have
> never used it.
> (may have to after Figgy makes her pitch, however)
> Heirloom, old and no "F" to Protect
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 6:21:47 PM

In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script debugging"
box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and see
how that works. Jim
> I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details. My
> particular error is :
> Line: 25
> Char: 2
> Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> is null or not an object.
> Code: 0
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> Yes / No
> I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
> happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
> apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
> It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
> bigger one.
> Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do
it
> without buying a program.
> I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
>
> Harry.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:19:55 PM

Job:

My boat is floating nicely again, right after I unchecked "Disable script
debugging" under the Advanced tab in Internet Properties. It got checked by
mistake, because it never was checked before.
Hard to believe how easily things sneak up on you.
As you said, getting old is unavoidable, but being old
isn't. Sometimes a little 'push' don't hurt.

Harry, old but feeling better.

> Harry,
>
> What ever floats your boat! Good luck.
>

> Job says, "Pushy I'm not."
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Heirloom:
> >
> > Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in
> my case. Can't say
> > you didn't try.
> > Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing,
> called PC. I keep all
> > my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C.
> If "things get too
> > bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me
> to do things the
> > way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start
> out differently
> > when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
> > Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
> > in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
> > If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
> > Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
> > 'before' I do.
> >
> > Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
> with a D:\ drive
> > which
> > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
> working well, I do
> > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
> > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
> tagline...originality is
> > > refreshing.
> > >
> > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
> > > news:o w4ChpXOFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> computer
> me and

> to my
> was
> simply
> be
> on

> image of
> can
> not
> be very
> This
> up to
> since
> still a

> Newsgroups, it
> Operating

> come.

> recall
> page?
> still
> Mechanic". I
> similar,

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:24:46 PM

Jim:

Thanks for the tip.
This one was unchecked, but 'Disable script debugging' wasn't, for some
strange reason.
I'll have to try and rmember that.

Harry.

"Jim Holmes" <jch@fmlic.com> wrote in message
> In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script
debugging"
> box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and see
> how that works. Jim
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details.
My
> > particular error is :
> > Line: 25
> > Char: 2
> > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> > is null or not an object.
> > Code: 0
> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> > Yes / No
> > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
> > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
> > apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
> > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
> > bigger one.
> > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do
> it
> > without buying a program.
> > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
> >
> > Harry.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:31:28 PM

Funny how just a checkbox can make the difference between success and
reinstallation. Surprised the resident experts didn't hit on this one right
away. Jim.

> Jim:
>
> Thanks for the tip.
> This one was unchecked, but 'Disable script debugging' wasn't, for some
> strange reason.
> I'll have to try and rmember that.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Jim Holmes" <jch@fmlic.com> wrote in message
> > In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script
> debugging"
> > box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and
see
> > how that works. Jim
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the
details.
> My
> > > particular error is :
> > > Line: 25
> > > Char: 2
> > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
> > > is null or not an object.
> > > Code: 0
> > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> > > Yes / No
> > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It
did
> > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it,
but
> > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
> > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a
much
> > > bigger one.
> > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
> > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to
do
> > it
> > > without buying a program.
> > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
> > >
> > > Harry.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 10:04:30 PM

.......even resident experts can become overwhelmed.
Heirloom, old and like getting shot at by a Phalanx

!