IE Script Error

I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details. My
particular error is :
Line: 25
Char: 2
Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
is null or not an object.
Code: 0
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes / No
I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
bigger one.
Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do it
without buying a program.
I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.

Harry.
19 answers Last reply
More about script error

    Hi Harry,

    Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
    novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me and
    may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.

    I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to my
    computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
    doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is simply
    handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
    very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
    before, during or after a "funny" happened.

    Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image of
    my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
    restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
    This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
    recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
    have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be very
    important if I have to restore from the Ghost image. This
    is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive up to
    current date by implementing any changes I have made since
    the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
    restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
    reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still a
    great first line of recovery.

    Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups, it
    appears there are a lot of people create problems for
    themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
    Systems prematurely.

    Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.

    Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
    kissing a porcupine."

    > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall
    the details. My
    > particular error is :
    > Line: 25
    > Char: 2
    > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > is null or not an object.
    > Code: 0
    > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > Yes / No
    > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
    there. It did
    > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
    did undo it, but
    > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
    recalled.
    > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
    created one, a much
    > bigger one.
    > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
    but I want to do it
    > without buying a program.
    > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    >
    > Harry.

    Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with a D:\ drive which
    is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is working well, I do a
    'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    Heirloom, old and likes Job's tagline...originality is
    refreshing.

    "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > Hi Harry,
    >
    > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
    > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me and
    > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
    >
    > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to my
    > computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
    > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is simply
    > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
    > very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
    > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
    >
    > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image of
    > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
    > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
    > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
    > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
    > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be very
    > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image. This
    > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive up to
    > current date by implementing any changes I have made since
    > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
    > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
    > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still a
    > great first line of recovery.
    >
    > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups, it
    > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
    > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
    > Systems prematurely.
    >
    > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.
    >

    > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
    > kissing a porcupine."
    >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall
    > the details. My
    > > particular error is :
    > > Line: 25
    > > Char: 2
    > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > is null or not an object.
    > > Code: 0
    > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > > Yes / No
    > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
    > there. It did
    > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
    > did undo it, but
    > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
    > recalled.
    > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
    > created one, a much
    > > bigger one.
    > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
    > but I want to do it
    > > without buying a program.
    > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    > >
    > > Harry.

    Howdy Texican and thanks,

    Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
    whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.

    Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    riginal."

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
    a D:\ drive which
    > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    working well, I do a
    > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    tagline...originality is
    > refreshing.
    >
    > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > Hi Harry,
    > >
    > > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
    > > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me
    and
    > > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
    > >
    > > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to
    my
    > > computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
    > > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is
    simply
    > > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
    > > very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
    > > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
    > >
    > > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image
    of
    > > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
    > > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
    > > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
    > > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
    > > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be
    very
    > > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image.
    This
    > > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive
    up to
    > > current date by implementing any changes I have made
    since
    > > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
    > > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
    > > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still
    > > great first line of recovery.
    > >
    > > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups,
    it
    > > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
    > > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
    > > Systems prematurely.
    > >
    > > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.
    > >

    > > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
    > > kissing a porcupine."
    > >

    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't
    recall
    > > the details. My
    > > > particular error is :
    > > > Line: 25
    > > > Char: 2
    > > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > > is null or not an object.
    > > > Code: 0
    > > did undo it, but
    > > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
    > > recalled.
    > > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
    > > created one, a much
    > > > bigger one.
    > > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or
    similar,
    > > but I want to do it
    > > > without buying a program.
    > > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    > > >
    > > > Harry.

    who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some trim
    and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
    outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it
    rains.......
    Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the tunnel

    > Howdy Texican and thanks,
    >
    > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
    > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
    >

    > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    > riginal."
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
    > a D:\ drive which
    > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    > working well, I do a
    > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    > tagline...originality is
    > > refreshing.
    > >
    > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Harry,
    > > >
    > > > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a computer
    > > > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped me
    > and
    > > > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
    > > >
    > > > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make to
    > my
    > > > computer, error message that are encountered, what I was
    > > > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is
    > simply
    > > > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to be
    > > > very valuable if I need to understand what was going on
    > > > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
    > > >
    > > > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an image
    > of
    > > > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
    > > > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
    > > > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I can
    > > > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do not
    > > > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will be
    > very
    > > > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image.
    > This
    > > > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive
    > up to
    > > > current date by implementing any changes I have made
    > since
    > > > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
    > > > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
    > > > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is still
    > > > great first line of recovery.
    > > >
    > > > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS Newsgroups,
    > it
    > > > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
    > > > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling Operating
    > > > Systems prematurely.
    > > >
    > > > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to come.
    > > >

    > > > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
    > > > kissing a porcupine."
    > > >

    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > recall
    > > > the details. My
    > > > did undo it, but
    > > > recalled.
    > > > created one, a much
    > similar,
    > > > but I want to do it

    Heirloom:

    Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in my case. Can't say
    you didn't try.
    Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing, called PC. I keep all
    my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C. If "things get too
    bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me to do things the
    way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start out differently
    when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
    Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
    in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
    If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
    Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
    'before' I do.

    Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.

> [...]
    > > > Char: 2
    > > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > > is null or not an object.
    > > > Code: 0
    > > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > > > Yes / No
    > > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still
    > > there. It did
    > > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I
    > > did undo it, but
    > > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be
    > > recalled.
    > > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it
    > > created one, a much
    > > > bigger one.
    > > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar,
    > > but I want to do it
    > > > without buying a program.
    > > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.

    Harry,

    What ever floats your boat! Good luck.

    Job says, "Pushy I'm not."

    > Heirloom:
    >
    > Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in
    my case. Can't say
    > you didn't try.
    > Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing,
    called PC. I keep all
    > my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C.
    If "things get too
    > bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me
    to do things the
    > way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start
    out differently
    > when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
    > Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
    > in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
    > If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
    > Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
    > 'before' I do.
    >
    > Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
    with a D:\ drive
    > which
    > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    working well, I do
    > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    tagline...originality is
    > > refreshing.
    > >
    > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Harry,
    > > >
    > > > Although I have no answer for your problem I, a
    computer
    > > > novice, have a couple of suggestions that have helped
    me and
    > > > may be of some benefit to you for the long haul.
    > > >
    > > > I keep a detailed "system log" of all changes I make
    to my
    > > > computer, error message that are encountered, what I
    was
    > > > doing when the errors occurred, etc. This "log" is
    simply
    > > > handwritten in a spiral notebook. I have found it to
    be
    > > > very valuable if I need to understand what was going
    on
    > > > before, during or after a "funny" happened.
    > > >
    > > > Second, I purchased Norton Ghost and have made an
    image of
    > > > my hard drive. In the event of a major problem I can
    > > > restore my entire hard drive from a known good point.
    > > > This has given me a warm fuzzy because I know that I
    can
    > > > recover from even a hard drive failure although I do
    not
    > > > have the original program CDs. My "system log" will
    be very
    > > > important if I have to restore from the Ghost image.
    This
    > > > is because I can restore and then bring the hard drive
    up to
    > > > current date by implementing any changes I have made
    since
    > > > the Ghost image was created. (P.S. I understand that
    > > > restoring a Ghost image is easier and SAFER than
    > > > reformatting.) Cautionary note-System Restore is
    still a
    > > > great first line of recovery.
    > > >
    > > > Lastly, after viewing many posts on these MS
    Newsgroups, it
    > > > appears there are a lot of people create problems for
    > > > themselves by reformatting and/or reinstalling
    Operating
    > > > Systems prematurely.
    > > >
    > > > Hope some of this may be helpful to you in days to
    come.

    > > > Job says, "Sometimes I approach computering like I do
    > > > kissing a porcupine."
    > > >

    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > the details. My
    page?
    > > > there. It did
    Mechanic". I
    > > > did undo it, but
    > > > recalled.
    > > > created one, a much
    similar,
    > > > but I want to do it

    Hey guy,

    I'm going to start a new thread so you can educate me on
    F-Prot. See you there.

    Job says, "I back into the tunnel so I always see the
    light!."
    > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have
    3 doors, some trim
    > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the
    garage and the
    > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service
    line......when it
    > rains.......
    > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the
    end of the tunnel

    > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
    > >
    > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of
    your
    > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are
    wining.

    > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    > > riginal."
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
    with
    > > a D:\ drive which
    > > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    > > working well, I do a
    > > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    > > tagline...originality is
    > > > refreshing.
    > > >
    > > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message

    computer
    helped me
    > > and

    > > my
    > > simply

    > > of
    point.
    > > very
    > > This
    > > up to
    > > since
    that

    Newsgroups,
    > > it
    Operating

    don't
    > > recall
    > > still
    Mechanic".
    > > similar,

    OK......seeing as the Loon doesn't use F-Prot......and I have for some 9
    years.....fire away. Assuming of course, that you are talking about F-Prot
    for DOS......that is my backup manual AV.

    Cheers, Heather (who leaves the taglines to the Loon and you)

    One I like but will mess up naturally....
    *Be kind to bacteria, they are the only culture some people have*

    > Hey guy,
    >
    > I'm going to start a new thread so you can educate me on
    > F-Prot. See you there.
    >

    > Job says, "I back into the tunnel so I always see the
    > light!."
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have
    > 3 doors, some trim
    > > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the
    > garage and the
    > > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service
    > line......when it
    > > rains.......
    > > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the
    > end of the tunnel
    > >
    > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of
    > your
    > > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are
    > wining.
    > > >

    > > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    > > > riginal."
    > > >

    > > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > with
    > > > a D:\ drive which
    > > > working well, I do a
    > > > tagline...originality is

    > computer
    > helped me
    > > > and

    > > > my
    > was
    > > > simply
    > to be
    > on

    > image
    > > > of
    > can
    > point.
    > can
    > not
    > be
    > > > very
    > > > This
    > drive
    > > > up to
    > > > since
    > that
    > still

    > Newsgroups,
    > > > it
    > for
    > Operating

    > come.

    > do

    > don't
    > > > recall
    > page?
    > is
    > > > still
    > Mechanic".
    > it
    > > > similar,

    OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
    house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??

    XX Figgs
    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
    trim
    > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
    > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it
    > rains.......
    > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the
    tunnel

    > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
    > >
    > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
    > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
    > >

    > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    > > riginal."
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same with
    > > a D:\ drive which
    > > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    > > working well, I do a
    > > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    > > tagline...originality is
    > > > refreshing.
    > > >
    > > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message

    > > and

    > > my
    > > simply

    > > of
    > > very
    > > This
    > > up to
    > > since

    > > it

    > > recall
    > > similar,

    Good for you, Figgs. Bet you looked good bent over on the roof hammering
    those nails......<g>.

    Yep, Job, better to hit Figgs with questions about F-Prot........I have
    never used it.
    (may have to after Figgy makes her pitch, however)
    Heirloom, old and no "F" to Protect

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
    > house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??
    >
    > XX Figgs
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
    > trim
    > > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
    > > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when
    it
    > > rains.......
    > > Heirloom, old and there is no light at the end of the
    > tunnel
    > >
    > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > > Howdy Texican and thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Glad you finished your painting, I was getting tired of your
    > > > whining <g>. You're a happier camper when you are wining.
    > > >

    > > > Job says, "When ya don't got much lurning yau haf to be
    > > > riginal."
    > > >

    > > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > a D:\ drive which
    > > > working well, I do a
    > > > tagline...originality is

    > > > and

    > > > my
    > > > simply

    > > > of
    > > > very
    > > > This
    > > > up to
    > > > since

    > > > it

    > > > recall
    > > > similar,

    Sorry Heather, thought the Loon used F-Prot. If it won't
    embarrass you too much answering my "Heirloom's F-Prot" post
    in this NG I will gladly accept your input.

    You don't do bad at all (or a'tall as we say in the South),
    your tag brought a big smile to my face.

    Job remembers someone once said, "Insanity is only a state
    of mind."

> [...]
    > > Newsgroups,
    problems
    > > for
    > > Operating

    > > come.

    > > do

    message
    > > don't
    'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > page?
    > > is
    > > Mechanic".
    cannot be
    instead
    > > it

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > who said I was finished with the painting?? I still have 3 doors, some
    trim
    > and the washer/dryer room to paint......then comes the garage and the
    > outside. Today was taken up with a broken water service line......when it

    When you say 'the outside', I take it you mean the trees and the driveway?

    "The Feurer......now *there* was a painter!" - Kenneth Mars

    Shane

    <lol> You're pushing your luck there, he'd probably say he has enough of
    his own without taking yours on-board <g>
    Joan

    Heather wrote:
    > OK...got the roof reshingled this week and I now need the outside of the
    > house painted.....and the master bedroom. You got some spare time??

    ROFL
    Nice one Heirloom.
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:
    > Good for you, Figgs. Bet you looked good bent over on the roof hammering
    > those nails......<g>.
    >
    > Yep, Job, better to hit Figgs with questions about F-Prot........I have
    > never used it.
    > (may have to after Figgy makes her pitch, however)
    > Heirloom, old and no "F" to Protect

    In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script debugging"
    box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and see
    how that works. Jim
    > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details. My
    > particular error is :
    > Line: 25
    > Char: 2
    > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > is null or not an object.
    > Code: 0
    > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > Yes / No
    > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
    > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
    > apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
    > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
    > bigger one.
    > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do
    it
    > without buying a program.
    > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    >
    > Harry.

    Job:

    My boat is floating nicely again, right after I unchecked "Disable script
    debugging" under the Advanced tab in Internet Properties. It got checked by
    mistake, because it never was checked before.
    Hard to believe how easily things sneak up on you.
    As you said, getting old is unavoidable, but being old
    isn't. Sometimes a little 'push' don't hurt.

    Harry, old but feeling better.

    > Harry,
    >
    > What ever floats your boat! Good luck.
    >

    > Job says, "Pushy I'm not."
    >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Heirloom:
    > >
    > > Your advice and Job's may be good in advance, but not in
    > my case. Can't say
    > > you didn't try.
    > > Everyone has 'their own ways' with this tricky thing,
    > called PC. I keep all
    > > my "other stuff" on D, except for the OS, which is on C.
    > If "things get too
    > > bad", I just format C and reinstall WinMe. In order for me
    > to do things the
    > > way you and Job are proposing, I would have had to start
    > out differently
    > > when I installed and fdisk'd the hard drive.
    > > Now all I want to do is get rid of the error messages
    > > in OE, which appear when I answer some of my e-mails.
    > > If I don't soon find relief, I will have to "FORMAT C:".
    > > Maybe there is a "Samaritan" out there with an answer
    > > 'before' I do.
    > >
    > > Harry, old and looking for 'his' tagline.
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Well said, Job, and good advice. I do much the same
    > with a D:\ drive
    > > which
    > > > is a 'mirror' of my C:\. When I am sure everything is
    > working well, I do
    > > > 'mirror' to D:\ , makes a great backup.
    > > > Heirloom, old and likes Job's
    > tagline...originality is
    > > > refreshing.
    > > >
    > > > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message

    > computer
    > me and

    > to my
    > was
    > simply
    > be
    > on

    > image of
    > can
    > not
    > be very
    > This
    > up to
    > since
    > still a

    > Newsgroups, it
    > Operating

    > come.

    > recall
    > page?
    > still
    > Mechanic". I
    > similar,

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Jim:

    Thanks for the tip.
    This one was unchecked, but 'Disable script debugging' wasn't, for some
    strange reason.
    I'll have to try and rmember that.

    Harry.

    "Jim Holmes" <jch@fmlic.com> wrote in message
    > In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script
    debugging"
    > box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and see
    > how that works. Jim
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the details.
    My
    > > particular error is :
    > > Line: 25
    > > Char: 2
    > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > is null or not an object.
    > > Code: 0
    > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > > Yes / No
    > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It did
    > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it, but
    > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
    > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a much
    > > bigger one.
    > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to do
    > it
    > > without buying a program.
    > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    > >
    > > Harry.

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Funny how just a checkbox can make the difference between success and
    reinstallation. Surprised the resident experts didn't hit on this one right
    away. Jim.

    > Jim:
    >
    > Thanks for the tip.
    > This one was unchecked, but 'Disable script debugging' wasn't, for some
    > strange reason.
    > I'll have to try and rmember that.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jim Holmes" <jch@fmlic.com> wrote in message
    > > In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script
    > debugging"
    > > box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and
    see
    > > how that works. Jim
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > I know this subject was addressed before, but don't recall the
    details.
    > My
    > > > particular error is :
    > > > Line: 25
    > > > Char: 2
    > > > Error: 'window.parent.parent.TopFrame.document'
    > > > is null or not an object.
    > > > Code: 0
    > > > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    > > > Yes / No
    > > > I already did a SR and an IE fix. The darn thing is still there. It
    did
    > > > happen after a registry fix with "Registry Mechanic". I did undo it,
    but
    > > > apparently something slipped through and cannot be recalled.
    > > > It all was supposed to fix a problem and instead it created one, a
    much
    > > > bigger one.
    > > > Is there a way to fix this without formatting?
    > > > There are fixes out there, i.e. PCBugDoctor or similar, but I want to
    do
    > > it
    > > > without buying a program.
    > > > I also did a "scanreg /fix and 'no dice'.
    > > >
    > > > Harry.

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    .......even resident experts can become overwhelmed.
    Heirloom, old and like getting shot at by a Phalanx

    > Funny how just a checkbox can make the difference between success and
    > reinstallation. Surprised the resident experts didn't hit on this one
    right
    > away. Jim.
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jim:
    > >
    > > Thanks for the tip.
    > > This one was unchecked, but 'Disable script debugging' wasn't, for some
    > > strange reason.
    > > I'll have to try and rmember that.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Jim Holmes" <jch@fmlic.com> wrote in message
    > > > In IE Tools/Advanced Tab Browsing Section - Check "Disable script
    > > debugging"
    > > > box and uncheck "display a notification about every script error" and
    > see
    > > > how that works. Jim
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > details.