floppy disc drive

I seem to have lost my A: drive of my computer.
How do i Get Another one do i need to buy them or can you download them, i'm
a bit of a novice and really dont know what to do.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about floppy disc drive

    Paulo, a slightly fuller explanation might be useful here.

    Do you mean that the physical 'floppy disk drive' is not fitted to your
    computer (been removed)?

    In which case you will need to buy a new one from your local computer store.

    Or do you mean that you can't see that A: drive in Windows Explorer?

    Or do you mean that floppy disks are not being recognised in the A: drive?

    Mart

    "Mart" wrote:

    > Paulo, a slightly fuller explanation might be useful here.
    >
    > Do you mean that the physical 'floppy disk drive' is not fitted to your
    > computer (been removed)?
    >
    > In which case you will need to buy a new one from your local computer store.
    >
    > Or do you mean that you can't see that A: drive in Windows Explorer?
    >
    > Or do you mean that floppy disks are not being recognised in the A: drive?
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "paulo" <paulo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I seem to have lost my A: drive of my computer.
    > > How do i Get Another one do i need to buy them or can you download them,
    > > i'm
    > > a bit of a novice and really dont know what to do.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >

    > Sorry, for example when i try to save work it does not give me A: drive as an option, also if i put a floppy disc into the A: nothing happens, no lights, no noise as if reading, nothing.

    cheers

    Paulo wrote :-

    > ... when i try to save work it does not give me A: drive
    > as an option, also if i put a floppy disc into the A: nothing
    > happens, no lights, no noise as if reading, nothing.

    OK, from this distance, it seems like the drive is either faulty and needs
    replacing, (replacements are quite inexpensive) or the cables within the PC
    may have become disconnected.

    As you are novice, you may wish to consider taking it to your local computer
    shop to get it repaired. On the other hand, if you would like to try fix it
    yourself, come back here and I'm sure that someone will try to help you
    further

    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> Paulo, a slightly fuller explanation might be useful here.
    >>
    >> Do you mean that the physical 'floppy disk drive' is not fitted to your
    >> computer (been removed)?
    >>
    >> In which case you will need to buy a new one from your local computer
    >> store.
    >>
    >> Or do you mean that you can't see that A: drive in Windows Explorer?
    >>
    >> Or do you mean that floppy disks are not being recognised in the A:
    >> drive?
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "paulo" <paulo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I seem to have lost my A: drive of my computer.
    >> > How do i Get Another one do i need to buy them or can you download
    >> > them,
    >> > i'm
    >> > a bit of a novice and really dont know what to do.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >>

    >> Sorry, for example when i try to save work it does not give me A: drive
    >> as an option, also if i put a floppy disc into the A: nothing happens, no
    >> lights, no noise as if reading, nothing.
    >
    > cheers

Floppy Disk Microsoft Windows