Install issues - black screen on finishing install

tatox

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I've had this issue on two builds now (issue came out the blue on the first build and assumed, wrongly of what part had broken), upon the final part of the install where the installer states finishing install the monitor goes blank (no cursor etc) in the same manner as during a graphics driver install however it fails to return to the rest of the install, occasionally if left blank for long enough and the system is restarted it will boot up and into windows. However upon installing the ati drivers for my radeon 4870x2, and restarting, windows will then hang on the loading windows logo and not progress further. I have read on the forums that this may be due to the power supply, however the power supply is of a different model (850w XFX Black Edition), however i have only had this power supply a small amount of time as i bought it to replace a corsair psu that died on me.

Across the builds I have swapped (and tested in other machines) every part except the hard drives and the power supply and have experienced the same issue.

After approximately 5-6mins of the loading windows logo it displays a quick blue screen then restarts.

Current build specs are: ASUS M4A88T-M motherboard
4 gig of corsair xms 3 ram
radeon 4870x2
and athlon 2 x3 (3.2ghz)

Just wanting a second opinion before i splash out on another power supply.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding your conern. If you're experiencing display issues, the problem may not be in the PSU at all. Try going into the Advanced Boot Options Menu (press F8 while booting) and selecting "Enable low resolution mode".

TRENDING THREADS