Rundll error and Problem with shortcut error

I have two errors that keep popping up:
1st: Error Loading C:\progra~1\wildta~1\apps\cda\cdaeng~1.dll The System
cannot find the path specified.

2nd: The shortcut 'Slide Show.ink' refers to a location that is unavailable.
The location could be on a harddrive on this computer,....Check to make sure
that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet
or home network, and then try again.

2nd message appeared after I tried to uninstall DSL software (SBC). The
first one has been around for a while and can't get rid of it. I've been
using the computer by clicking ok on it and just going on. Now, my computer
has started to freeze up quite a lot. Please help, and if you can give me a
novice's version of your explanation, I'd be thankful.

TheDacian - ready to throw the computer out the window

Click on start->run-> Type msconfig. Click on the startup tab. Start
disabling programs one by one. Restart the computer after disabling one to
see which one is giving you problems.

Smiling face <smiling face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Click on start->run-> Type msconfig. Click on the startup tab. Start
>disabling programs one by one. Restart the computer after disabling one to
>see which one is giving you problems.

Please ensure that you fully understand the purpose of a startup item,
how and why it was put into the startup, and the consequences (if any)
of removing it before you make any changes. Some items are very
important for the proper and safe functioning of your computer,
including at least one item that is listed twice.

See http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php for information
about startup items.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

TheDacian <TheDacian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have two errors that keep popping up:
>1st: Error Loading C:\progra~1\wildta~1\apps\cda\cdaeng~1.dll The System
>cannot find the path specified.
>
>2nd: The shortcut 'Slide Show.ink' refers to a location that is unavailable.
>The location could be on a harddrive on this computer,....Check to make sure
>that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet
>or home network, and then try again.
>
>2nd message appeared after I tried to uninstall DSL software (SBC). The
>first one has been around for a while and can't get rid of it. I've been
>using the computer by clicking ok on it and just going on. Now, my computer
>has started to freeze up quite a lot. Please help, and if you can give me a
>novice's version of your explanation, I'd be thankful.
>
>TheDacian - ready to throw the computer out the window

1. The first error is related to "Wild Tangent" gaming software. Did
you have this installed and then uninstall it?

2. The second item is trying to launch a shortcut that runs a slide
show of some kind, probably because the uninstall of the DSL software
did not complete the job properly. This is not unusual with program
uninstalls.

Look on the on the Start Menu under Programs - Start Up for references
to either of the above items. If they are there then right-click on
them and select Delete. That should resolve the problem for that item
(or both if they are both there).

If either or both was not in the Startup group then we need to locate
them in the Registry.

Use Start - Run - REGEDIT and navigate to the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
RunServices
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

Note that not all of these keys may exist in your registry. Within
each key look for values that refer to Wild Tangent, wildta~1, or
Slide Show. If they exist click on them once to select them then use
Edit - Delete to remove them from the registry.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Thank you for your suggestions. I finally got all those pesky windows out of
the way!
I guess I will not throw the computer out the window after all...not yet
TheDacian