registry startup

I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked that
I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".

Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
Thanks, Eileen
3 answers Last reply
More about registry startup

    http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    http://ww2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Uncheck.htm
    The above sites will tell you what the programs are in Startup and whether
    or not you need them. This particular app loads the queue for MSN
    Messenger....if you are not using this messenger service, you can disable
    the app from startup. Per Answers That Work site:
    This task loads the MSN Queue Manager and is installed when you install MSN
    Explorer or MSN Messenger. LOADQM gobbles up system resources and appears
    on most end-users' Task Lists who come to us complaining of low System &
    User Resources or very slow, "crawling", PCs. In March 2005 this is still
    one of the worst behaved Microsoft programs !
    The other site URL's that I listed will provide much the same
    info.......just a matter of which one you would rather use.
    Heirloom, old and don't need no steenking messages

    "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked
    that
    > I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".
    >
    > Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
    > Thanks, Eileen

    Thanks, I'm going to uncheck it and see how things go.
    Eileen

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
    > http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
    > http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    > http://www.3feetunder.com/krick/startup/list.html
    > http://ww2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Uncheck.htm
    > http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
    > http://www.greatis.com/regrun3appdatabase.htm
    > The above sites will tell you what the programs are in Startup and whether
    > or not you need them. This particular app loads the queue for MSN
    > Messenger....if you are not using this messenger service, you can disable
    > the app from startup. Per Answers That Work site:
    > This task loads the MSN Queue Manager and is installed when you install
    MSN
    > Explorer or MSN Messenger. LOADQM gobbles up system resources and appears
    > on most end-users' Task Lists who come to us complaining of low System &
    > User Resources or very slow, "crawling", PCs. In March 2005 this is still
    > one of the worst behaved Microsoft programs !
    > The other site URL's that I listed will provide much the same
    > info.......just a matter of which one you would rather use.
    > Heirloom, old and don't need no steenking messages
    >

    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked
    > that
    > > I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".
    > >
    > > Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
    > > Thanks, Eileen

    Description of the Loadqm.exe File

    When you install MSN Explorer, the Loadqm.exe file is added
    to the Startup folder, and Loadqm.exe then starts each time
    you start your computer.

    Note Bene:
    This feature is required to enable WU AutoUpdate.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q309418
    (Jan. 7, 2001)
    --------
    --
    Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Thanks, I'm going to uncheck it and see how things go.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
    > > http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
    > > http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    > > http://www.3feetunder.com/krick/startup/list.html
    > > http://ww2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Uncheck.htm
    > > http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
    > > http://www.greatis.com/regrun3appdatabase.htm
    > > The above sites will tell you what the programs are in Startup and
    whether
    > > or not you need them. This particular app loads the queue for MSN
    > > Messenger....if you are not using this messenger service, you can
    disable
    > > the app from startup. Per Answers That Work site:
    > > This task loads the MSN Queue Manager and is installed when you install
    > MSN
    > > Explorer or MSN Messenger. LOADQM gobbles up system resources and
    appears
    > > on most end-users' Task Lists who come to us complaining of low System &
    > > User Resources or very slow, "crawling", PCs. In March 2005 this is
    still
    > > one of the worst behaved Microsoft programs !
    > > The other site URL's that I listed will provide much the same
    > > info.......just a matter of which one you would rather use.
    > > Heirloom, old and don't need no steenking
    messages

    > > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > > I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item
    checked
    > > that
    > > > I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".
    > > >
    > > > Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
    > > > Thanks, Eileen

Registry Microsoft Windows