registry startup

I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked that
I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".

Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
Thanks, Eileen

http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
http://ww2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Uncheck.htm
The above sites will tell you what the programs are in Startup and whether
or not you need them. This particular app loads the queue for MSN
Messenger....if you are not using this messenger service, you can disable
the app from startup. Per Answers That Work site:
This task loads the MSN Queue Manager and is installed when you install MSN
Explorer or MSN Messenger. LOADQM gobbles up system resources and appears
on most end-users' Task Lists who come to us complaining of low System &
User Resources or very slow, "crawling", PCs. In March 2005 this is still
one of the worst behaved Microsoft programs !
The other site URL's that I listed will provide much the same
info.......just a matter of which one you would rather use.
Heirloom, old and don't need no steenking messages

"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked
that
> I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".
>
> Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
> Thanks, Eileen

Thanks, I'm going to uncheck it and see how things go.
Eileen

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
> http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
> http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
> http://www.3feetunder.com/krick/startup/list.html
> http://ww2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Uncheck.htm
> http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
> http://www.greatis.com/regrun3appdatabase.htm
> The above sites will tell you what the programs are in Startup and whether
> or not you need them. This particular app loads the queue for MSN
> Messenger....if you are not using this messenger service, you can disable
> the app from startup. Per Answers That Work site:
> This task loads the MSN Queue Manager and is installed when you install
MSN
> Explorer or MSN Messenger. LOADQM gobbles up system resources and appears
> on most end-users' Task Lists who come to us complaining of low System &
> User Resources or very slow, "crawling", PCs. In March 2005 this is still
> one of the worst behaved Microsoft programs !
> The other site URL's that I listed will provide much the same
> info.......just a matter of which one you would rather use.
> Heirloom, old and don't need no steenking messages
>

> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > I am trying to clean up my registry startup. There is one item checked
> that
> > I don't know. "load OM.... loadqm.exe".
> >
> > Can someone tell me what this is and can I uncheck it?
> > Thanks, Eileen

Description of the Loadqm.exe File

When you install MSN Explorer, the Loadqm.exe file is added
to the Startup folder, and Loadqm.exe then starts each time
you start your computer.

Note Bene:
This feature is required to enable WU AutoUpdate.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q309418
(Jan. 7, 2001)
--------
--
Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
In Memorium: Alex Nichol