Really Strange Message.

This morning I received a DVD from my 'mail' rental service. I always
test them in my computer first, using Power DVD (You'd be surprised
how many don't work without a thorough cleaning) and when Power DVD
opened, another window opened with the following message;

"ERROR F4D41436
TV Out Port of your Display Card is not working properly."

I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
signals.

Any thoughts? (I've never received this message before)
6 answers Last reply
More about really strange message

    E. Barry Bruyea <coldin@winter.org> wrote:

    > This morning I received a DVD from my 'mail' rental service. I always
    > test them in my computer first, using Power DVD (You'd be surprised
    > how many don't work without a thorough cleaning) and when Power DVD
    > opened, another window opened with the following message;
    >
    > "ERROR F4D41436
    > TV Out Port of your Display Card is not working properly."
    >
    > I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
    > similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
    > as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
    > signals.

    Are you sure the card doesn't have a second output connector other than
    the D15 connector to your monitor such as perhaps an s-video output which
    could be used to connect a TV as a second monitor? I don't have any PCs
    with a NVIDIA adapter but my ATI cards have such a connection.

    Do you see anything unusual in the Device Manager for either your video
    adapter or monitor?

    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    > I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
    > similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
    > as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
    > signals.

    > Any thoughts? (I've never received this message before)

    Yes - the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 does have TV out capabilities - it has an
    s-video out connection. I was toying with the idea of getting one some time
    ago, but went with the slightly cheaper MX420 which also has s-video TV out
    capabilities. Check you have the NVIDIA options under advanced in the
    properties page for the card (right click on desktop for example and go
    properties>display, etc). I think their software addons stuff that enables
    TV out is called N-view and should have come on a disk with your card if you
    bought it separate from your machine.

    Good luck.

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:31:26 +0100, "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only>
    wrote:

    >E. Barry Bruyea <coldin@winter.org> wrote:
    >
    >> This morning I received a DVD from my 'mail' rental service. I always
    >> test them in my computer first, using Power DVD (You'd be surprised
    >> how many don't work without a thorough cleaning) and when Power DVD
    >> opened, another window opened with the following message;
    >>
    >> "ERROR F4D41436
    >> TV Out Port of your Display Card is not working properly."
    >>
    >> I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
    >> similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
    >> as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
    >> signals.
    >
    >Are you sure the card doesn't have a second output connector other than
    >the D15 connector to your monitor such as perhaps an s-video output which
    >could be used to connect a TV as a second monitor? I don't have any PCs
    >with a NVIDIA adapter but my ATI cards have such a connection.

    No S-Video output. There is a newer NVIDIA card with both an S-Video
    and a Coax output, but not the one I'm using.

    >Do you see anything unusual in the Device Manager for either your video
    >adapter or monitor?

    Nothing.

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:55:03 GMT, <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >> I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
    >> similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
    >> as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
    >> signals.
    >
    >> Any thoughts? (I've never received this message before)
    >
    >Yes - the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 does have TV out capabilities - it has an
    >s-video out connection. I was toying with the idea of getting one some time
    >ago, but went with the slightly cheaper MX420 which also has s-video TV out
    >capabilities. Check you have the NVIDIA options under advanced in the
    >properties page for the card (right click on desktop for example and go
    >properties>display, etc). I think their software addons stuff that enables
    >TV out is called N-view and should have come on a disk with your card if you
    >bought it separate from your machine.
    >
    >Good luck.

    You must be referring to another version of the MX440, as the one I
    have installed doesn't have an S-Video output, nor any software
    referencing T.V. capabilities.

    I am late to this post, but wanted to inform you that your descriptive
    phrase "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440" does not describe the vendor/maker of the
    video card. It describes the vpu only. Numerous manufacturers have used
    this hardware for their cards, which cards may or may not have the
    additional TV-out capability.
    The vendor's AGP cards may also be different from their PCI cards, for the
    same vpu model.

    Hopefully, the vendor's name is silkscreened onto the card or is on an
    attached label.
    --
    Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    "E. Barry Bruyea" <coldin@winter.org> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:55:03 GMT, <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> I do not have any kind of capture card, T.V. capability or anything
    > >> similar on my computer. I running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and as far
    > >> as I know it has no functions related to sending or using T.V.
    > >> signals.
    > >
    > >> Any thoughts? (I've never received this message before)
    > >
    > >Yes - the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 does have TV out capabilities - it has an
    > >s-video out connection. I was toying with the idea of getting one some
    time
    > >ago, but went with the slightly cheaper MX420 which also has s-video TV
    out
    > >capabilities. Check you have the NVIDIA options under advanced in the
    > >properties page for the card (right click on desktop for example and go
    > >properties>display, etc). I think their software addons stuff that
    enables
    > >TV out is called N-view and should have come on a disk with your card if
    you
    > >bought it separate from your machine.
    > >
    > >Good luck.
    >
    > You must be referring to another version of the MX440, as the one I
    > have installed doesn't have an S-Video output, nor any software
    > referencing T.V. capabilities.

    I just installed powerDVD 5 and began to get this error message too. It
    appears to be a problem with the DVD copy protection (Macrovision?) and
    the powerDVD software -- nothing to do with the hardware.

    The fix for me was to install the latest powerDVD patch from cyberlink
    although there was no mention of this error message on their website.

    good luck

Computers Windows