Error with printer driver on startup

Scott

When I boot up, I get an error message within windows that says spool32 has
caused an error in LXROPPRT.DLL. I have uninstalled all printers using
add/remove programs, and still get the same message. Apparently the file is
a Lexmark driver, but when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use. I
don't have a printer installed on this PC any longer, so I can't seem to
figure out what is going on. It's not causing any major problems, just being
a nuisance. Any help would be appreciated.

> ... error in LXROPPRT.DLL.
> ... when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use.

Try deleting it in Safe Mode - see if it goes then.

Mart

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I boot up, I get an error message within windows that says spool32
> has
> caused an error in LXROPPRT.DLL. I have uninstalled all printers using
> add/remove programs, and still get the same message. Apparently the file
> is
> a Lexmark driver, but when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use.
> don't have a printer installed on this PC any longer, so I can't seem to
> figure out what is going on. It's not causing any major problems, just
> being
> a nuisance. Any help would be appreciated.

Lexmark drivers strike again!!! - uninstall the current Lexmark drivers/app
set, download a new set from their website, and install them

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi