Error with printer driver on startup

When I boot up, I get an error message within windows that says spool32 has
caused an error in LXROPPRT.DLL. I have uninstalled all printers using
add/remove programs, and still get the same message. Apparently the file is
a Lexmark driver, but when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use. I
don't have a printer installed on this PC any longer, so I can't seem to
figure out what is going on. It's not causing any major problems, just being
a nuisance. Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about error printer driver startup

    > ... error in LXROPPRT.DLL.
    > ... when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use.

    Try deleting it in Safe Mode - see if it goes then.

    Mart

    "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I boot up, I get an error message within windows that says spool32
    > has
    > caused an error in LXROPPRT.DLL. I have uninstalled all printers using
    > add/remove programs, and still get the same message. Apparently the file
    > is
    > a Lexmark driver, but when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use.
    > don't have a printer installed on this PC any longer, so I can't seem to
    > figure out what is going on. It's not causing any major problems, just
    > being
    > a nuisance. Any help would be appreciated.

    Lexmark drivers strike again!!! - uninstall the current Lexmark drivers/app
    set, download a new set from their website, and install them

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >> ... error in LXROPPRT.DLL.
    >> ... when I try to delete it, it says the file is in use.
    >
    > Try deleting it in Safe Mode - see if it goes then.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> When I boot up, I get an error message within windows that says spool32
    >> has
    >> caused an error in LXROPPRT.DLL. I have uninstalled all printers using
    >> add/remove programs, and still get the same message. Apparently the file
    >> is
    >> a Lexmark driver, but when I try to delete it, it says the file is in
    >> use. I
    >> don't have a printer installed on this PC any longer, so I can't seem to
    >> figure out what is going on. It's not causing any major problems, just
    >> being
    >> a nuisance. Any help would be appreciated.

Printer Driver Windows