Internet Explorer Crashes

Hi there!
I am new here... hello! :)

Anyhow, I am trying to fix a problem for one of the doctors at the
clinic I am working at and I can’t seem to be able to find a solution.

He is running Windows ME and everytime he tries to launch Internet
Explorer, his screen goes blank and then the blue screen comes on with
a message saying that there was an error and then this error code:

00 : 0000 : 00010000

I tried repairing IE, with no success. Can you please help me? I
appreciate it so much.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Internet-Explorer-Crashes-ftopict355072.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1124082

"silkyjo" wrote:
> Hi there!
> I am new here... hello! :)
>
> Anyhow, I am trying to fix a problem for one of the doctors at
> the clinic I am working at and I can't seem to be able to find
> a solution.
>
> He is running Windows ME and everytime he tries to launch
> Internet Explorer, his screen goes blank and then the blue
> screen comes on with a message saying that there was an error
> and then this error code:
>
> 00 : 0000 : 00010000
>
> I tried repairing IE, with no success. Can you please help
> me? I appreciate it so much.

Problem is fixed.

> Problem is fixed.

So, aren't you even going to give us a clue as to how you fixed it <g>

Mart

"silkyjo" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "silkyjo" wrote:
> > Hi there!
> > I am new here... hello! :)
> >
> > Anyhow, I am trying to fix a problem for one of the doctors at
> > the clinic I am working at and I can't seem to be able to find
> > a solution.
> >
> > He is running Windows ME and everytime he tries to launch
> > Internet Explorer, his screen goes blank and then the blue
> > screen comes on with a message saying that there was an error
> > and then this error code:
> >
> > 00 : 0000 : 00010000
> >
> > I tried repairing IE, with no success. Can you please help
> > me? I appreciate it so much.
>
> Problem is fixed.

Yeah, what Mart said..........
Heirloom, old and inquiring minds want to know

"heirloom" wrote:
> Yeah, what Mart said..........
> Heirloom, old and inquiring minds want to know
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>  > > Problem is fixed.
> >
> > So, aren't you even going to give us a clue as to how you
> fixed it <g>
> >
> > Mart
> >

> > "silkyjo" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>  > > "silkyjo" wrote:
>   > > > Hi there!
>   > > > I am new here... hello! :)
>   > > >
>   > > > Anyhow, I am trying to fix a problem for one
> of the doctors at
>   > > > the clinic I am working at and I can't seem
> to be able to find
>   > > > a solution.
>   > > >
>   > > > He is running Windows ME and everytime he
> tries to launch
>   > > > Internet Explorer, his screen goes blank and
> then the blue
>   > > > screen comes on with a message saying that
> there was an error
>   > > > and then this error code:
>   > > >
>   > > > 00 : 0000 : 00010000
>   > > >
>   > > > I tried repairing IE, with no success. Can
> you please help
>   > > > me? I appreciate it so much.
>  > >
>  > > Problem is fixed.

Hey, sorry for the long delay...

So if you uninstall the Windows Update KB891711 and restart the PC,
the problem should be fixed. :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Internet-Explorer-Crashes-ftopict355072.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1130955

Ah! - Another KB891711 related symptom and work-around.

I'm sure that the guys who are monitoring this particular issue will find
your response useful to add to their arsenal.

On their behalf, thanks Silkyjo, for taking the trouble to come back and
reply - and you might even find that they want to quiz you, regarding
certain aspects of hardware on the affected machine.

Mart

TRENDING THREADS