vcore voltage

Hi,

I have an athlon 2200+ with an Asus a7v266 m/b. I set the vcore voltage to
its default of 1.6v but the Asus PCProbe program reports its 1.68v. Why the
descrepancy?

I have a second question. The m/b fan doesn't always work. It sometimes
kicks in when the computer is booting. Is this a problem? Should I get the
m/b replaced? Or is the m/b fan not critical. I noticed it does not have a
way to monitor via BIOS.

Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about vcore voltage

    In article <41e269b5$0$903$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, JH says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an athlon 2200+ with an Asus a7v266 m/b. I set the vcore voltage to
    > its default of 1.6v but the Asus PCProbe program reports its 1.68v. Why the
    > descrepancy?

    Because its reporting what it thinks the motherboard is telling it. The
    crux of the matter is that unless you put a voltmeter on it, you can't
    trust these programs.

    > I have a second question. The m/b fan doesn't always work. It sometimes
    > kicks in when the computer is booting. Is this a problem? Should I get the
    > m/b replaced? Or is the m/b fan not critical. I noticed it does not have a
    > way to monitor via BIOS.

    It will become a problem. The fan is showing the first symptoms of
    failing. You'll start having data corruption issues if you don;t. You
    can buy a replacement CHIPSET FAN from most computer shops and its a
    simple swap over affair.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton