Blue screen

Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors: ERROR:
0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and have to reboot.
another one is as follows:
error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error in
USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and have to
reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!
11 answers Last reply
More about blue screen

    When did this problem start? Have you installed the KB891711 hotfix
    (released 8 March) from either the Windows Update site or using Automatic
    Update? If so this is possibly the cause of your problem. Boot into Safe
    Mode and using MSConfig (Start, Run, enter MSConfig in the box and click
    OK), open the Startup tab and uncheck the entry labelled KB891711. Apply,
    OK and boot back into Normal Mode.

    Does this solve the problem? If yes then the problem is due to this patch
    which is causing several people to see problems such as you are reporting
    on previously stable systems. If this is the case could you please post
    details of your graphics chip and driver. You can check this using System
    Properties | Device Manager, click the + alongside "Display Adapters" and
    post back details of the video card/graphics adapter you have installed
    and then from the Driver | Driver Details buttons the version of the video
    driver you have installed.

    See also Noel Paton's post "KB891711 - problems?" and also that by Jerry
    Bryant (Microsoft) "MS05-002 on 9x and ME" in the windowsme.general
    newsgroup. If in n.America PLEASE phone Microsoft as requested by Jerry
    on +1 (866) PCSAFETY. When calling, please indicate that you are having
    issues with a security update 891711. Microsoft need all the information
    they can obtain on this problem and YOU can help both yourself and others
    by ringing them.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors:
    > ERROR: 0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and
    > have to reboot. another one is as follows:
    > error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error
    > in USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and
    > have to reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!

    Mike, thanks so much for replying. Actually I was the one who started the
    thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through the
    utility she suggested. At any rate, I still have them couple of hotfixes but
    uncheked in the MsConfig on a final suggestion of the board of directors of
    MVPs :-).

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > When did this problem start? Have you installed the KB891711 hotfix
    > (released 8 March) from either the Windows Update site or using Automatic
    > Update? If so this is possibly the cause of your problem. Boot into Safe
    > Mode and using MSConfig (Start, Run, enter MSConfig in the box and click
    > OK), open the Startup tab and uncheck the entry labelled KB891711. Apply,
    > OK and boot back into Normal Mode.
    >
    > Does this solve the problem? If yes then the problem is due to this patch
    > which is causing several people to see problems such as you are reporting
    > on previously stable systems. If this is the case could you please post
    > details of your graphics chip and driver. You can check this using System
    > Properties | Device Manager, click the + alongside "Display Adapters" and
    > post back details of the video card/graphics adapter you have installed
    > and then from the Driver | Driver Details buttons the version of the video
    > driver you have installed.
    >
    > See also Noel Paton's post "KB891711 - problems?" and also that by Jerry
    > Bryant (Microsoft) "MS05-002 on 9x and ME" in the windowsme.general
    > newsgroup. If in n.America PLEASE phone Microsoft as requested by Jerry
    > on +1 (866) PCSAFETY. When calling, please indicate that you are having
    > issues with a security update 891711. Microsoft need all the information
    > they can obtain on this problem and YOU can help both yourself and others
    > by ringing them.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors:
    > > ERROR: 0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and
    > > have to reboot. another one is as follows:
    > > error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error
    > > in USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and
    > > have to reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!

    > thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through
    the
    > utility she suggested.

    That ol' tart!

    Shane

    Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??

    (Bikers!)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through
    > the
    >> utility she suggested.
    >
    > That ol' tart!
    >

    > Shane

    <lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
    Joan

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
    >
    > (Bikers!)

    Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>

    Mart

    "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > <lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Noel Paton wrote:
    >> Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
    >>
    >> (Bikers!)

    Interesting observation, Mart!

    I wonder if it's a 'Life of Brian', 'attending the stonings' thing, or a
    'clam' thing? Anyway, the main thing is, it was your observation! <g>

    Shane

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > <lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
    > > Joan
    > >
    > > Noel Paton wrote:
    > >> Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
    > >>
    > >> (Bikers!)

    <lol> It's real, I can vouch for that <g>
    Joan

    Mart wrote:
    > Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
    >
    > Mart

    Well I am glad you guys found each other :-). But, but whatever happened to
    the topic of the thread :-)?

    "Joan Archer" wrote:

    > <lol> It's real, I can vouch for that <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Mart wrote:
    > > Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
    > >
    > > Mart

    <lol> I suppose it depends if he's trimmed it again or still the shaggy
    look <g>
    Joan

    Shane wrote:
    > Interesting observation, Mart!
    >
    > I wonder if it's a 'Life of Brian', 'attending the stonings' thing, or a
    > 'clam' thing? Anyway, the main thing is, it was your observation! <g>
    >

    > Shane

    <lol> That was sorted out at the beginning wasn't it <g> but it was your
    statement that Noel was a she that sent it OT, we tend to do things like
    that in here <vbg>
    Joan

    Chris wrote:
    > Well I am glad you guys found each other :-). But, but whatever happened to
    > the topic of the thread :-)?

Rundll32 Blue Screen Microsoft Windows