  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 8, 2005 9:49:02 PM

Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors: ERROR:
0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and have to reboot.
another one is as follows:
error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error in
USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and have to
reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!

More about : blue screen

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 6:06:27 AM

When did this problem start? Have you installed the KB891711 hotfix
(released 8 March) from either the Windows Update site or using Automatic
Update? If so this is possibly the cause of your problem. Boot into Safe
Mode and using MSConfig (Start, Run, enter MSConfig in the box and click
OK), open the Startup tab and uncheck the entry labelled KB891711. Apply,
OK and boot back into Normal Mode.

Does this solve the problem? If yes then the problem is due to this patch
which is causing several people to see problems such as you are reporting
on previously stable systems. If this is the case could you please post
details of your graphics chip and driver. You can check this using System
Properties | Device Manager, click the + alongside "Display Adapters" and
post back details of the video card/graphics adapter you have installed
and then from the Driver | Driver Details buttons the version of the video
driver you have installed.

See also Noel Paton's post "KB891711 - problems?" and also that by Jerry
Bryant (Microsoft) "MS05-002 on 9x and ME" in the windowsme.general
newsgroup. If in n.America PLEASE phone Microsoft as requested by Jerry
on +1 (866) PCSAFETY. When calling, please indicate that you are having
issues with a security update 891711. Microsoft need all the information
they can obtain on this problem and YOU can help both yourself and others
by ringing them.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors:
> ERROR: 0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and
> have to reboot. another one is as follows:
> error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error
> in USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and
> have to reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!
April 9, 2005 6:06:28 AM

Mike, thanks so much for replying. Actually I was the one who started the
thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through the
utility she suggested. At any rate, I still have them couple of hotfixes but
uncheked in the MsConfig on a final suggestion of the board of directors of
MVPs :-).

"Mike M" wrote:

> When did this problem start? Have you installed the KB891711 hotfix
> (released 8 March) from either the Windows Update site or using Automatic
> Update? If so this is possibly the cause of your problem. Boot into Safe
> Mode and using MSConfig (Start, Run, enter MSConfig in the box and click
> OK), open the Startup tab and uncheck the entry labelled KB891711. Apply,
> OK and boot back into Normal Mode.
>
> Does this solve the problem? If yes then the problem is due to this patch
> which is causing several people to see problems such as you are reporting
> on previously stable systems. If this is the case could you please post
> details of your graphics chip and driver. You can check this using System
> Properties | Device Manager, click the + alongside "Display Adapters" and
> post back details of the video card/graphics adapter you have installed
> and then from the Driver | Driver Details buttons the version of the video
> driver you have installed.
>
> See also Noel Paton's post "KB891711 - problems?" and also that by Jerry
> Bryant (Microsoft) "MS05-002 on 9x and ME" in the windowsme.general
> newsgroup. If in n.America PLEASE phone Microsoft as requested by Jerry
> on +1 (866) PCSAFETY. When calling, please indicate that you are having
> issues with a security update 891711. Microsoft need all the information
> they can obtain on this problem and YOU can help both yourself and others
> by ringing them.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Out of the blue I get the blue screen with the following errors:
> > ERROR: 0D:0157:000057EEc it says press to continue but no chance and
> > have to reboot. another one is as follows:
> > error:0D:0987:0000138D press to continue gets me this: Rundll32 error
> > in USER.EXE , Runddll32 will now close. freezes the whole thing and
> > have to reboot. Your suggestions and recommondations are welcomed!!

Related resources
April 9, 2005 9:14:54 AM

> thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through
the
> utility she suggested.

That ol' tart!

Shane
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:59:26 PM

Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??

(Bikers!)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

"Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Aug7qLPFHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> thread about KB891711 :-). And I mailed Noel the content of my PC through
> the
>> utility she suggested.
>
> That ol' tart!
>

> Shane

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 2:35:36 PM

<lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
>
> (Bikers!)

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 3:16:12 PM

Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>

Mart

"Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Lge9dOPFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> <lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
> Joan
>
> Noel Paton wrote:
>> Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
>>
>> (Bikers!)

April 9, 2005 5:44:23 PM

Interesting observation, Mart!

I wonder if it's a 'Life of Brian', 'attending the stonings' thing, or a
'clam' thing? Anyway, the main thing is, it was your observation! <g>

Shane

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:o cdbp0OPFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o Lge9dOPFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > <lol> He's probably been looking at your photo gallery <g>
> > Joan
> >
> > Noel Paton wrote:
> >> Oi! - Tha'ss *me* yer callin' a tart??
> >>
> >> (Bikers!)

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:41:00 PM

<lol> It's real, I can vouch for that <g>
Joan

Mart wrote:
> Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
>
> Mart

April 9, 2005 7:41:01 PM

Well I am glad you guys found each other :-). But, but whatever happened to
the topic of the thread :-)?

"Joan Archer" wrote:

> <lol> It's real, I can vouch for that <g>
> Joan
>
> Mart wrote:
> > Mmm... Always was suspicious about that beard <g>
> >
> > Mart

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:42:14 PM

<lol> I suppose it depends if he's trimmed it again or still the shaggy
look <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Interesting observation, Mart!
>
> I wonder if it's a 'Life of Brian', 'attending the stonings' thing, or a
> 'clam' thing? Anyway, the main thing is, it was your observation! <g>
>

> Shane
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 1:53:49 AM

<lol> That was sorted out at the beginning wasn't it <g> but it was your
statement that Noel was a she that sent it OT, we tend to do things like
that in here <vbg>
Joan

!