Has KB891711 probelem been fixed?

Hello

Have been away for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a fix
/replacement to kb891711 which caused me problems. I had to uninstall it,
but now feel vulnerable to whatever it was supposed to protect me against.

Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about kb891711 probelem fixed

    No new version of KB891711 has yet been released for use with Win Me.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Bill <**bill@rollingstones.com> wrote:

    > Have been away for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a
    > fix /replacement to kb891711 which caused me problems. I had to
    > uninstall it, but now feel vulnerable to whatever it was supposed to
    > protect me against.

    Today's re-release of KB891711 :
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891711

    " April 12, 2005:
    .. Security update 891711 Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Windows
    98 Second Edition, and Windows 98 packages were re-released on *** April
    12, 2005 ***.
    .. When you install the security update 891711 original packages on a
    computer that is running Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second
    Edition, or Windows 98, the computer may stop responding. This issue has
    been corrected in the *** April 12, 2005 ***, release.
    .. The April 12, 2005, release runs as a system service on Windows
    Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows 98. The Close
    Program dialog box does not list Kb891711.exe. "

    MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]

    --
    Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > No new version of KB891711 has yet been released for use with Win Me.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Bill <**bill@rollingstones.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Have been away for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a
    > > fix /replacement to kb891711 which caused me problems. I had to
    > > uninstall it, but now feel vulnerable to whatever it was supposed to
    > > protect me against.

Microsoft Windows