Has KB891711 probelem been fixed?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 10, 2005 6:33:02 PM

Hello

Have been away for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a fix
/replacement to kb891711 which caused me problems. I had to uninstall it,
but now feel vulnerable to whatever it was supposed to protect me against.

Bill
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 11:37:45 PM

No new version of KB891711 has yet been released for use with Win Me.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Bill <**bill@rollingstones.com> wrote:

> Have been away for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a
> fix /replacement to kb891711 which caused me problems. I had to
> uninstall it, but now feel vulnerable to whatever it was supposed to
> protect me against.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 5:10:01 PM

Today's re-release of KB891711 :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891711

" April 12, 2005:
.. Security update 891711 Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Windows
98 Second Edition, and Windows 98 packages were re-released on *** April
12, 2005 ***.
.. When you install the security update 891711 original packages on a
computer that is running Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second
Edition, or Windows 98, the computer may stop responding. This issue has
been corrected in the *** April 12, 2005 ***, release.
.. The April 12, 2005, release runs as a system service on Windows
Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows 98. The Close
Program dialog box does not list Kb891711.exe. "

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]

--
Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
news:o 4rElxfPFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...