Linksys connectivity problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 17, 2005 5:56:01 PM

I have a Linksys WRT54G router, which has been working fine with my laptop.
I decided to get a wireless card for my desktop because my new house doesn't
have a cable outlet in the office. I got a Linksys WMP54GS network adapter.
I can't get my wireless card to recognize any networks (and I know my
neighbor has a wireless network because my laptop picks it up also). I've
tried reinstalling the Linksys software, I even called a tech to come to my
house for $80 and he couldn't figure out the problem. I got a second network
card to see if the problem was with the hardware but I get the same issues
with the new card. So it must be a system problem. I looked on the
Microsoft troubleshooter and it indicated that there were some potential
problems with Service Pack 2 and wireless connectivity, but I'm still unable
to fix the problem.

What more can I tell you? I've disabled my firewall, I've tried the WZC
option as well as the Linksys software.

Thanks
--
SR
July 18, 2005 5:22:38 AM

Do you have any MAC filtering in place, and if so have you added the new
address?

Have you checked to see if the card is getting an IP address if you set it
up for DHCP?

Have you checked the router to see if the adapter shows up in the DHCP
clients table?

Do you have any Wireless security in place?

Can you reach the router with the card? Can you ping the router?

If you have SSID broadcast disabled, you might turn that on until you get a
profile set up.

Clark

"soulrebeljc" <donotspamme@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have a Linksys WRT54G router, which has been working fine with my laptop.
> I decided to get a wireless card for my desktop because my new house
> doesn't
> have a cable outlet in the office. I got a Linksys WMP54GS network
> adapter.
> I can't get my wireless card to recognize any networks (and I know my
> neighbor has a wireless network because my laptop picks it up also). I've
> tried reinstalling the Linksys software, I even called a tech to come to
> my
> house for $80 and he couldn't figure out the problem. I got a second
> network
> card to see if the problem was with the hardware but I get the same issues
> with the new card. So it must be a system problem. I looked on the
> Microsoft troubleshooter and it indicated that there were some potential
> problems with Service Pack 2 and wireless connectivity, but I'm still
> unable
> to fix the problem.
>
> What more can I tell you? I've disabled my firewall, I've tried the WZC
> option as well as the Linksys software.
>
> Thanks
> --
> SR
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 18, 2005 10:35:13 PM

im not sure if there is any other solution than backing up your files and
reinstalling SP2. but i would wait and see what other people say about it.

!