thanks in advance Grayman
3 answers Last reply
More about winmgmt error

    This sounds like either
    1) you have a virus infection
    or
    2) Winmgmt is running amok

    Most likely is #1!!!
    You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

    download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    viruses are not present on your PC - run it while in Safe Mode for best
    effect.
    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

    Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
    CoolWebSearch hijacker.

    Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
    http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
    (download it without the accompanying rubbish)

    download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    your system.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "grayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This appears every morning at 10-45
    > "Winmgmt has caused an error <unknown>
    > Winmgmt will now close"
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > i am a novice!!!!
    > thanks in advance Grayman

    The first thing i tried was to run all my virus/spyware
    hijack programs but no joy!!!
    It seems to appear at the same time every day and it is
    when i am not using it and i do not have any automated
    programs running. What does Winmgmt do anyway??
    If i know all info on that may help.
    thanks very much for your reply
    grayman

    You're a self-proclaimed "novice", but you asked, so see if any of this
    makes any sense:

    Winmgmt.exe references

    Try this for information on Winmgt. Links provided by Sandi Hardmeier, MS
    MVP.

    http://www.microsoft.com/HWDEV/MANAGEABILITY/WMI-CIM.htm
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/wmisdk/archover_0p2d.htm
    -----------

    You might also examine other MS references to WBEM and Windows Management
    Instrumentation.
    --
    Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > The first thing i tried was to run all my virus/spyware
    > hijack programs but no joy!!!
    > It seems to appear at the same time every day and it is
    > when i am not using it and i do not have any automated
    > programs running. What does Winmgmt do anyway??
    > If i know all info on that may help.
    > thanks very much for your reply
    > grayman

Microsoft Windows