Winmgmt error

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 11, 2005 8:26:04 AM

This appears every morning at 10-45
"Winmgmt has caused an error <unknown>
Winmgmt will now close"

Any ideas?
i am a novice!!!!
thanks in advance Grayman

More about : winmgmt error

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:37:18 AM

This sounds like either
1) you have a virus infection
or
2) Winmgmt is running amok

Most likely is #1!!!
You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC - run it while in Safe Mode for best
effect.
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.e...

- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
(download it without the accompanying rubbish)

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"grayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This appears every morning at 10-45
> "Winmgmt has caused an error <unknown>
> Winmgmt will now close"
>
> Any ideas?
> i am a novice!!!!
> thanks in advance Grayman
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:04:21 AM

The first thing i tried was to run all my virus/spyware
hijack programs but no joy!!!
It seems to appear at the same time every day and it is
when i am not using it and i do not have any automated
programs running. What does Winmgmt do anyway??
If i know all info on that may help.
thanks very much for your reply
grayman

messages to NG's

>"grayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> This appears every morning at 10-45
>> "Winmgmt has caused an error <unknown>
>> Winmgmt will now close"
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> i am a novice!!!!
>> thanks in advance Grayman
>

>.

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 4:58:33 PM

You're a self-proclaimed "novice", but you asked, so see if any of this
makes any sense:

Winmgmt.exe references

Try this for information on Winmgt. Links provided by Sandi Hardmeier, MS
MVP.

http://www.microsoft.com/HWDEV/MANAGEABILITY/WMI-CIM.ht...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/wmisdk/archover_...

You might also examine other MS references to WBEM and Windows Management
Instrumentation.
--
Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
In Memorium: Alex Nichol

!