no sound after x ppro sp2 install hp pavilian 522n

Hi,
so.... after reformatting, etc., all's well except no audio.
problem is no driver for multimedia audio controller.
Google and yahoo search no help, but did find some
ng posting with guys in the same boat.
Found driver download page at HP, but nothing for audio.
so... any suggesions on how to proceed?

thanks in advance for any ideas.

Avery

ps: the hp restore partition isn't there.

"-Avery Anderson-" <avery@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> so.... after reformatting, etc., all's well except no audio.
> problem is no driver for multimedia audio controller.
> Google and yahoo search no help, but did find some
> ng posting with guys in the same boat.
> Found driver download page at HP, but nothing for audio.
> so... any suggesions on how to proceed?
>
> thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> Avery
>
> ps: the hp restore partition isn't there.

If this is onboard sound you need the MOTHERBOARD drivers. Do you know
what motherboard?
MIke.

Ok, well, i have a question. Say you are not sure what Motherboard you
have, how can you find out. I am having the same problem. I dont have a
driver for my Multimedia Audio Controller and cant find out where in the
heck i can get it at. Any advice?

--
R1CH4RD25

Howdy!

"R1CH4RD25" <R1CH4RD25.1v5wjo@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> Ok, well, i have a question. Say you are not sure what Motherboard you
> have, how can you find out. I am having the same problem. I dont have a
> driver for my Multimedia Audio Controller and cant find out where in the
> heck i can get it at. Any advice?

Item one - Use Eyeball Mark 1 to find the sound chip and look for
drivers for it.

Item two - Download a copy of Everest (one source is at
http://www.aumha.org , which is a good place to bookmark in any case - check
the freeware links) and install then run it.

I'd suggest going to HP, but they don't list it. I'd just about bet
the Intel SoundMAX drivers would work, though ...

RwP