Asus K8V SE Deluxe CPU heatsink/fan

I'll go for the Asus K8V SE Deluxe with an AMD 64 chip .
My question is about the fan/heatsink .
I note that the 754 chip socket is surrounded by a black plastic ' frame '
..
Does this frame engage the heatsink in some way ?
What identifies suitable fan/heatsinks ?

I'm puzzled because the heatsinks I've seen for 754 socket , appear to
secure to the socket with the normal ' deadly ' W sprung clip !

I'm looking for dead quiet ... Zalman ?

Thanks

Chris James

rod

"Chris James" <cj.james@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I'll go for the Asus K8V SE Deluxe with an AMD 64 chip .
> My question is about the fan/heatsink .
> I note that the 754 chip socket is surrounded by a black plastic ' frame
> '
> .
> Does this frame engage the heatsink in some way ?
> What identifies suitable fan/heatsinks ?
>
> I'm puzzled because the heatsinks I've seen for 754 socket , appear to
> secure to the socket with the normal ' deadly ' W sprung clip !
>

> I'm looking for dead quiet ... Zalman ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Chris James

The HSF has a rocker lever that engages the Socket Retention Module (The
Black frame surrounding the CPU Socket) on the 754 Socket/Retention Module.
Pretty simple to use. Not sure where your looking to buy, but at NewEgg you
can select to socket type when searching for HSF, i.e. socket 754, socket
478, socket 939 etc. Then it brings up those HSF that meet your criteria.

TRENDING THREADS