Flying Mouse Cursor

I am running Windows Me and recently the mouse cursor jumps around the screen
randomly. This in turn usually wipes whatever you're working on off the
screen - very frustrating!!!

Any suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about flying mouse cursor

    If you have a cordless mouse, replace the batteries; if it's a corded mouse,
    try a different mouse.

    * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
    * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

    "Dee Saint" <Dee Saint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows Me and recently the mouse cursor jumps around the
    >screen
    > randomly. This in turn usually wipes whatever you're working on off the
    > screen - very frustrating!!!
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

    download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    viruses are not present on your PC
    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

    Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
    CoolWebSearch hijacker.

    Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
    http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
    (download it without the accompanying rubbish)

    download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    your system.

    .......alternatively, it could just be a bad connection on the mouse - see
    what happens if you swap the mouse for another.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    In article <80B33973-2291-4F32-842A-2BA812A30753@microsoft.com>, says...

    > I am running Windows Me and recently the mouse cursor jumps around the screen
    > randomly. This in turn usually wipes whatever you're working on off the
    > screen - very frustrating!!!

    > Any suggestions?

    I would see that when I had my MSFT Dual Strike Sidewinder plugged in. Ever
    movement of the DS-SW would jerk the mouse cursor around. There are other
    causes, covered in the other replies, which should also be considered.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Cursor Windows Me Microsoft Windows