  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b D Laptop
April 17, 2005 12:43:54 PM

XP seems to feel that I need to know every time my wireless connects on
laptop start-up, I leave my LAN cable unplugged or (seemingly) that I need
to wipe my nose (sorry).

Is there any way I can by default stop XP from putting up the annoying
balloon popup messages, or at least make them automatically go away after
while so I don't have to click on them.

I have 3 children constantly "dobbing" on each other to me about self
evident things and I really wish my laptop wouldn't try to emulate them

Andrew Bowie (has a cold and is peevish this morning)
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie

More about : annoying balloon popups

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 17, 2005 12:45:00 PM

Sorry wrong group....

Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
> XP seems to feel that I need to know every time my wireless connects on
> laptop start-up, I leave my LAN cable unplugged or (seemingly) that I need
> to wipe my nose (sorry).
>
> Is there any way I can by default stop XP from putting up the annoying
> balloon popup messages, or at least make them automatically go away after
> while so I don't have to click on them.
>
> I have 3 children constantly "dobbing" on each other to me about self
> evident things and I really wish my laptop wouldn't try to emulate them
>
> Andrew Bowie (has a cold and is peevish this morning)
> abowie@internode.on.net
> www.users.on.net/abowie

April 18, 2005 8:43:43 AM

In news:42619c72$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
Zboing Mouflon <zboing@bigzboing.co> had this to say:

> Sorry wrong group....

Yes.

I'm taking a break from the XP groups at the moment so I'll answer so long
as you know that you're supposed to put the questions into the right slots
to get the correct answers in the future. <g>

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindo...

Besides, you can blame it on the kids distracting you. Anyhow, any one of
the tips on the pages listed there will do it for you. You can use an
application or edit the registry manually. It's pretty easy really. If
you're NEW to XP then I'd recommend that you NOT make this change yet as it
might actually popup with something interesting that you could do well to
learn but after a few months or so of usage I'd say go ahead and kill the
"feature." I should find an avenue to recommend that actually now that I
think about it... "Disable the balloon tips 3 months after activation was
completed."

Galen