Annoying XP balloon popups

XP seems to feel that I need to know every time my wireless connects on
laptop start-up, I leave my LAN cable unplugged or (seemingly) that I need
to wipe my nose (sorry).

Is there any way I can by default stop XP from putting up the annoying
balloon popup messages, or at least make them automatically go away after
while so I don't have to click on them.

I have 3 children constantly "dobbing" on each other to me about self
evident things and I really wish my laptop wouldn't try to emulate them

Andrew Bowie (has a cold and is peevish this morning)
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie
2 answers Last reply
More about annoying balloon popups

    Sorry wrong group....

    Andrew Bowie
    abowie@internode.on.net
    www.users.on.net/abowie

    In news:42619c72$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
    Zboing Mouflon <zboing@bigzboing.co> had this to say:

    > Sorry wrong group....

    Yes.

    I'm taking a break from the XP groups at the moment so I'll answer so long
    as you know that you're supposed to put the questions into the right slots
    to get the correct answers in the future. <g>

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=disable+balloon+tips

    Besides, you can blame it on the kids distracting you. Anyhow, any one of
    the tips on the pages listed there will do it for you. You can use an
    application or edit the registry manually. It's pretty easy really. If
    you're NEW to XP then I'd recommend that you NOT make this change yet as it
    might actually popup with something interesting that you could do well to
    learn but after a few months or so of usage I'd say go ahead and kill the
    "feature." I should find an avenue to recommend that actually now that I
    think about it... "Disable the balloon tips 3 months after activation was
    completed."

    Galen

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP Windows