Buy a Dell on eBay?

KB

Does anyone have experience with buying a new computer
from eBay? There's lots of systems and it looks like a
good deal could be had.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

KB

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I believe eBay has a rating system for sellers - try there; this is a
Windows ME newsgroup not the Better Business Bureau.

KB wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with buying a new computer
> from eBay? There's lots of systems and it looks like a
> good deal could be had.
>
> Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> KB

I've only bought one thing on e-Bay (and was quite happy with it), but
the seller was only a couple miles away and I went there in person. I
think you're supposed to look at things like seller ratings which are on
the page.

KB

Point taken. However, you may be better served by
ignoring the post rather than taking a shot at someone?

I'm looking for guidance and experience from those who
have had success or failure with my post topic. Those who
don't care to get involved can simply ignore, which is
what you should have done, Jerry.

KB

KB wrote:
> Point taken. However, you may be better served by
> ignoring the post rather than taking a shot at someone?
>
> I'm looking for guidance and experience from those who
> have had success or failure with my post topic. Those who
> don't care to get involved can simply ignore, which is
> what you should have done, Jerry.

by no means. This *is* a WindowsME group and isn't the BBB. And though
I'm not particularly concerned that you as a regular poster choose to
come to "us" for advice, Jerry's correct. And he gave you a pointer;
eBays "seller rating system".

Rick

> KB

LpV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

KB wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with buying a new computer
> from eBay? There's lots of systems and it looks like a
> good deal could be had.
>
> Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest asking this question at alt.marketing.online.ebay.

Loren

From: "KB" <KB@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Does anyone have experience with buying a new computer
| from eBay? There's lots of systems and it looks like a
| good deal could be had.
|
| Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
|
| KB

Buy a new Dell computer from Dell.

Buy a used Dell computer from Dell.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

KB:
There are good deals to be had everywhere.
Jerry is 100% correct in directing you to ebay. You would get a much better
perspective there than you do here.
How about following Dave's advice?
I like to 'build my own', and you ought to try it sometime.

Harry.