Drive E

Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
any way to switch them?.

In article <1ddb01c543b1$b27ebd50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, isabel says...

> Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
> any way to switch them?.

Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

N. Miller wrote:
> In article <1ddb01c543b1$b27ebd50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, isabel says...
>

>>Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
>>any way to switch them?.
>

> Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?

and what kind of drive is D ?... ie: could you tell us how many disk
drives you have and what partitions are on what drives.

Rick

Rick T <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
>>> any way to switch them?.
>>
>> Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?
>
> and what kind of drive is D ?... ie: could you tell us how many disk
> drives you have and what partitions are on what drives.

And how large is each and what are they used for?

Mike M

Baba

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

With 'Cut' and 'Paste', you may be able to transfer the installed
files/folders from E to D.

Baba

"isabel" wrote:

> Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
> any way to switch them?.

Baba, although a good suggestion, it is really only applicable to data
files/folders.

If you were to try to move (copy or cut & paste) application files/folders,
it is unlikely that many of them would work properly again (without
re-installation) because the Path details in the registry would become
incorrect. The use of a third party application, e.g. PQ's Magic Mover would
both move the application folders/files AND correct the paths in the
registry from one location to another as well as fixing things like their
shortcuts.

Mart