Drive E

Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
any way to switch them?.
5 answers Last reply
More about drive

    In article <1ddb01c543b1$b27ebd50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, isabel says...

    > Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
    > any way to switch them?.

    Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    N. Miller wrote:
    > In article <1ddb01c543b1$b27ebd50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, isabel says...
    >

    >>Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
    >>any way to switch them?.
    >

    > Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?

    and what kind of drive is D ?... ie: could you tell us how many disk
    drives you have and what partitions are on what drives.

    Rick

    Rick T <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

    >>> Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
    >>> any way to switch them?.
    >>
    >> Hard to say. What kind of drive is E?
    >
    > and what kind of drive is D ?... ie: could you tell us how many disk
    > drives you have and what partitions are on what drives.

    And how large is each and what are they used for?

    Mike M

    With 'Cut' and 'Paste', you may be able to transfer the installed
    files/folders from E to D.

    Baba

    "isabel" wrote:

    > Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
    > any way to switch them?.

    Baba, although a good suggestion, it is really only applicable to data
    files/folders.

    If you were to try to move (copy or cut & paste) application files/folders,
    it is unlikely that many of them would work properly again (without
    re-installation) because the Path details in the registry would become
    incorrect. The use of a third party application, e.g. PQ's Magic Mover would
    both move the application folders/files AND correct the paths in the
    registry from one location to another as well as fixing things like their
    shortcuts.

    Mart

    "Baba" <Baba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > With 'Cut' and 'Paste', you may be able to transfer the installed
    > files/folders from E to D.
    >
    > Baba
    >
    > "isabel" wrote:
    >
    >> Drive E in my computer is full. Drive D is empty. Is there
    >> any way to switch them?.

Computers Microsoft Windows